This creamy and comforting 15 MINUTE Beer Cheese Soup is super quick and delicious! The perfect Winter easy dinner recipe!
Beer and cheese. Two of my favorite favorite things. A culinary flavor match made in heaven. They just go together! As much as I love cheese and as much as I love beer, I have never made BEER CHEESE SOUP! WHY???? I was missing out in a major way. This 15 Minute Beer Cheese Soup is the perfect Winter comfort food that my house has been missing. How did I ever survive without it??
Over time on this journey, soups have become one of my favorite things to cook. Maybe cooking all day every day makes me love the quick and easy things even more than I did before. There’s just something delicious and wonderful about whipping up a hearty, comforting soup in minutes and enjoying it on a cold night. Do things get better than this 15 Minute Beer Cheese Soup?? I don’t think so!
So I’m going to sit back, eat my beer…cheese soup, and watch some reality tv. Just another day in paradise!
Cheers! I mean, enjoy!
15 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 15 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces (1/2 a bottle) pale ale beer
- crumbled feta for garnish
- Crusty bread for serving
- Heat a 4 quart saucepan or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add butter and allow to melt,
- Cook onion in the butter until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour, vegetable stock, milk, and salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Allow to simmer until thickened to your liking, about 8 minutes.
- Add in cheddar and beer and stir to combine. The cheese should melt almost immediately. Cook to heat through about 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately topped with crumbled feta. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!