I have a running theme on The Cookie Rookie. Simple and delicious. On this journey to learn how to cook, I’ve found that my very favorite meals are those with the simplest ingredients, easiest prep, and brightest flavors. I’m always looking for recipes that are made in a flash, and cleaned up even faster!! Sometimes the simple meals are simply the best. Baked Fried Chicken is my newest recipe to prove my point. So quick, so easy, and so delicious!
I’ve been attempting to cook healthier meals for the past couple months. As I’ve said before, Pat and I kind of fell off the diet train after the wedding. We had been good for SO long; after it was done we pigged out on cheese and chocolate for a couple months. Lately I have realized that summer is here and swimsuit season is upon us. We’re back! I have loved learning the lighter side of cooking. I’m not going to shout from the rooftops that I cook only healthy recipes, but it really is nice to find healthy options for still bringing family favorites to the table. This Baked Fried Chicken is such an easy way to lighten up a true classic, Fried Chicken. All the comforts of home, in a slimmed down version.
This chicken is so versatile and is a great must-have recipe to have on hand. I think it would be a fabulous base for Chicken Piccata, Chicken Marsala, and especially Chicken Parmesan. I might just have to try all three! Isn’t it wonderful when lightened up recipes turn out as flavorful as the sinful ones? Those are the recipes to hold on to.
I made my very first ‘vlog’ about this recipe for Epicurious Community Table! Every time I watch it, I get more embarrassed, but I’m looking forward to making more video tutorials in the future! Check it out HERE. I used disposable Reynolds®Bakeware for this recipe and LOVED it. No clean up??? Yes please. Pat was happy about it too…because we all know that I don’t do dishes. The bakeware is affordable and best of all non-stick. Win win!
Baked Fried Chicken is flavorful, easy, and delicious!
25 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hr, 5 Total Time
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley (optional)
- CUT chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, to create 4 even portions.
- PLACE chicken in a large bowl and marinate in milk for about 20 minutes.
- MIX together flour, paprika, all-purpose spice, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- PREHEAT oven to 400ºF.
- MELT butter and pour into 9x13 Reynolds®Bakeware Pan, coating the bottom of the pan.
- DIP each chicken breast, one at a time, in the flour mixture. COAT both sides liberally. PLACE in pan.
- REPEAT with all four chicken breasts, making sure there is a small amount of room between each breast in the pan. This will allow them to crisp while baking.
- BAKE at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes (or until the breading is golden brown and the juices run clear), flipping each breast after 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish or serve directly from your Reynolds®Bakeware Pan! Garnish with parsley if desired. Enjoy!