Balsamic Glazed Mediterranean Chicken Bake is our favorite “dump and bake” casserole! Throw everything together and cook, SO EASY!
I’ve got a classy (EASY) dinner for you guys today!! One of my all-time favorite recipes on the site, all gussied up and re-photographed to show off just how flavorful and delicious it really is, Balsamic Glazed Mediterranean Chicken Bake! I adapted this recipe from one of the most beautiful blogs on the internet, The Clever Carrot, back in 2014. I’ve always LOVED the recipe, but never loved how I photographed it. I just didn’t do it justice. You can click to see the original post HERE, and can see what I mean. Over the years, the more I want to touch up old recipes to really let them shine. This is such a simple favorite, it deserved a face lift!
This is one of those amazing recipes that you can throw together, let bake, and allow all the flavors to come together to create perfection. The cashews, balsamic, tomatoes, artichokes, beans…everything just compliments each other in a way that will make you coming back for more and more and more. You can serve everything over pasta or rice, or you can serve it without. Everything you truly need is just right here in the pan. SO MUCH FLAVOR! I know you’ve heard of “dump cakes”…and this is kind of a “dump bake”. The cheesy marinated chicken kind!
I used a trio of Star Fine Food products for this recipe. This isn’t a sponsored post, but they did send me a box of products and the official word for how I feel is OBSESSED. Using their Roasted Garlic Olive oil, their Balsamic Vinegar, and their Grilled Artichokes in this recipe made all the difference. I’ve found some new favorites! Thanks for sending the products, Star!
Click HERE to see how this recipe has evolved over the years. Don’t judge the photos!! :) Enjoy!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil (I used Star Roasted Garlic Olive Oil)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (I used thighs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 14oz can or jar of marinated artichoke hearts (I used Star Grilled Artichokes)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, left whole
- 1 14 oz. can white beans, drained & rinsed
- 3/4 cup whole salted cashews
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls (whole milk mozzarella)
- 4 fresh sprigs of fresh oregano, chopped
- Marinate the chicken breast in balsamic vinegar for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, add beans, cashews, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and onion.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Heat olive oil in large skillet and brown the chicken on both sides for about 2 minutes on each side. (The chicken will be browned, but not cooked through. it will finish cooking in the oven.)
- Nestle the browned chicken into the casserole dish, allowing it to just sit on top of all the other ingredients. Brush with more balsamic vinegar.
- Add the chicken broth to the dish and lay in the oregano.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and add in the mozzarella.
- Serve over rice, pasta, or just by itself!!
- Enjoy :)