Easy and cheesy Crockpot BBQ Chicken Dip is the perfect potluck appetizer! Quick, easy, and delicious.
One of my favorite dips to make for any occasion (literally, any occasion) is Buffalo Chicken Dip. Its so easy, quick, and tasty. Ever since Miss Kathryn Silvey (Hey Kath!) taught me to make that magical dip, I’ve been hooked. The formula works so well with Buffalo chicken…what about BBQ chicken. Let me tell you, it works. Yum.
I used a very similar formula to make this dip, just with different ingredients to achieve the BBQ Chicken Dip (think…BACON) instead of the Buffalo Chicken Dip. AND I made it easier by making it in a slow cooker. Bam. So easy. Perfection.
Could this dip be any more perfect for tailgating? It’s sure to be a favorite at your next event. I mean cheese, bacon, chicken, bbq…what else do you need in a dip? 3 cheese ranch?? Oh, it’s got that too. Yup.
This Crockpot BBQ Chicken Dip is easy, delicious, and perfect for tailgate season!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 cups chopped/shredded rotisserie chicken
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened (you can also use low-fat, but it has a tendency to separate a bit in a slow cooker)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup low-fat, 3-cheese ranch
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 tbs. garlic salt
- 1/2 - 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, depending on how strong you want the BBQ sauce flavor to be
- Combine all of the ingredients and mix until well combined
- Place ingredients in a slow cooker on high, stirring occasionally. Once dip is hot and all the ingredients are melted together, you can set the cooker on warm while serving.
- Garnish with more shredded cheddar and green onions. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips, or veggies. Enjoy!