This bourbon slush cocktail drink is loved by all who come to my house on Christmas Eve. We have this every year and it’s such a fun and easy drink recipe, you have no reason not to make this!
bourbon slush. ahhhh Christmas Eve. my grandma started making this delicious concoction back in 1989 and made it every christmas eve when we were growing up. i didn’t get to DRINK any of it until i was 21 in 2003…but i know the adults enjoyed it for many years before that. i remember when my grandma could give me a little taste of the orange ice when i was younger…and i knew that someday…i’d be drinking these on christmas eve :). this drink is so refreshing and festive. the perfect compliment to my other favorite christmas drink, the caramel apple hot toddy. you should always have a warm and a cold option for your guests!
i love fun drink recipes because they’re simple. mix the ingredients, freeze, and serve. voila! christmas is served!
Christmas Eve tradition. refreshing cocktail made with orange juice and bourbon. enjoy!
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 c. warm water
- 6 oz. can Frozen Orange Juice - thawed
- 6 oz. can Frozen Lemonade - thawed
- 6 more cups water
- 3 t. Instant Tea
- 1 1/2 c. Bourbon (can substitute Rum for Rum Slush)
- Dissolve the sugar in 2 c. warm water.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the sugar mixture.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place in a freezer container and freeze overnight.
- Take out about 1/2 hour before serving.