bourbon slush. ahhhh Christmas Eve. my grandma started making this delicious concoction back in 1989 and made it every christmas eve when we were growing up. i didn’t get to DRINK any of it until i was 21 in 2003…but i know the adults enjoyed it for many years before that. i remember when my grandma could give me a little taste of the orange ice when i was younger…and i knew that someday…i’d be drinking these on christmas eve :). this drink is so refreshing and festive. the perfect compliment to my other favorite christmas drink, the caramel apple hot toddy. you should always have a warm and a cold option for your guests!
i love fun drink recipes because they’re simple. mix the ingredients, freeze, and serve. voila! christmas is served!
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 c. warm water
- 6 oz. can Frozen Orange Juice - thawed
- 6 oz. can Frozen Lemonade - thawed
- 6 more cups water
- 3 t. Instant Tea
- 1½ c. Bourbon (can substitute Rum for Rum Slush)
- Dissolve the sugar in 2 c. warm water.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the sugar mixture.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place in a freezer container and freeze overnight.
- Take out about ½ hour before serving.