This butter cream baked chicken is so yummy and suuuuuuper easy to make! I love when I can create a recipe from my favorite restaurants and eat it at home too. If you are like me, I like the chicken to be tender, juicy, and easy to prep!
my parent’s both grew up in kansas city. stephenson’s restaurant was one of their favorites. i ate there twice before it closed, and it was so so good. this chicken recipe is one of the stars of the stephenson’s cookbook. just a simple chicken recipe that will knock your socks off. so juicy, tender, classic, and delicious. i guarantee this will become one of your staple, go-to recipes for your family.
i made this last weekend and it was SO easy. simple ingredients that add up to a great meal.
this recipe was converted from a recipe in the Stephenson's cookbook. (one of the best restaurants ever!) this chicken is tender, juicy, classic, and delicious. enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon herbs of provance
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 cup Dry Milk Powder
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup Butter (do not substitute margarine)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Lightly grease Baking Dish.
- Dip Chicken Breasts into water.
- Coat with mixture of flour & seasonings.
- Place Chicken Breasts into the pan.
- Cut butter into small squares and sprinkle over chicken.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine dry milk powder & hot water in a bowl. Pour milk around chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil and return to the oven.
- Continue baking at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.