Chai Tea Latte Milkshakes, the best of both Summer and Winter!
In colder weather, is there anything more comforting than a warm Chai Tea Latte? Cozied up cuddling with the fur babies, watching reality tv (no? just me?) and sipping on Chai Tea. My heaven. But I want it to continue into Summer! Well…now it can!
You don’t have to be a certified barista to make these Chai Tea Latte Milkshakes at home. Lucky for the simple folk among us (ME), you can buy Chai Tea teabags. YESSSSS. Makes these milkshakes a breeze. A tasty, delicious, refreshing, and caffeinated breeze!
I love these so much, I might even make them in the Winter too. Just call me a rule breaker. Totally worth it!
- 1 cup milk
- 4 chai tea bags
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups coffee ice cream
- ground nutmeg and whipped cream for garnish
- OPTIONAL: A splash of Bailey's Irish Cream to make it extra fun!
- Prepare tea by heating milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cinnamon and tea bags and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep for five more minutes before removing cinnamon and tea bags.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then add tea and ice cream (and Bailey's if you're over 21) to a blender and pulse until well combined. If too thin, add more ice cream or ice to the mixture.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and ground nutmeg. Enjoy!