CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUP POUND CAKE is the ultimate bundt cake recipe! Topped with a decadent peanut butter icing, this indulgent cake is perfect for the holidays!
If you ask me what makes the perfect holiday dessert, I’d most likely say chocolate. Sure there is peppermint, gingerbread, cranberry, so many good options, but chocolate has always been my favorite. Add some peanut butter cups and WOW…you have a winner. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pound Cake is straight from my mom’s site, Simply Sated, and it’s been one of our favorites since she first posted it. It’s so rich, decadent, and perfect for the holidays. I love to eat it at all times throughout the day, which might not be the healthiest, but is definitely the tastiest. It’s great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert. Can you blame me??
I used to eat those peanut butter chips by the handful as a kid. Now I pack them into Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pound Cake and call it a day. And that icing? That Peanut Butter Icing loaded with peanut butter cups? It’s the stuff of dreams. And it just so happens to be super easy. Hooked yet?
Since I’m still learning to bake, I’m super lucky to have my mom around for all my baking needs. She is a genius in the kitchen and pretty much every baked good you can find on this site is either inspired or created by her. She knows what she’s doing, and luckily she is willing to share the wealth! If you’re looking for the perfect cake to bring to all your holiday get togethers, THIS IS IT! Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pound Cake for the Christmas win!
Don’t you want to dig right in and eat the entire cake?? Save some for me!
- 1 package Yellow Cake Mix or Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package chocolate instant pudding
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1-cup milk
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (I use Jif Creamy)
- ½ bag Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- 8 ounces Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures – cut into fourths (do NOT use Peanut Butter Cup Baking Cups)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cup miniatures
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease & flour 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Mix together cake mix, pudding & flour in a large mixer bowl.
- Add eggs, water, milk, peanut butter, vanilla extract and mix for 30 seconds on low speed then 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Fold in peanut butter chips & chopped peanut butter cup.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool cake on cooling rack 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a cooling rack and let completely cool (upright).
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter and chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures over low heat until melted and smooth. Stir often.
- Pour warm icing over completely cooled cake while letting it drizzle down the sides.
- Garnish with extra Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips and chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures.
- Serve after frosting is cooled and set.
*This cake can be frozen: Tightly wrap cake in plastic wrap & aluminum foil then place in a freezer container or bag. Cake will keep up to 1 month.