Chopped Caprese Salad is the perfect snack, side dish, or even main course this Summer!
I’m kind of embarrassed to admit how many dinners at our house consist of tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella. Pat and I both LOVE the flavor combination, and more often than not, our evenings are pretty simple. You would think a food blogger cooks every night, but this food blogger loves the simple things, and this super easy Chopped Caprese Salad is a favorite at our house!
When we were recently in Italy, Caprese flavors were all over every menu. We ordered it in different variations at almost every meal. I guess we truly can’t get enough!
What are your favorite Summer flavors? I would love to hear about them so I could maybe spice up our dinner routine. But for now, I’ll stick with my caprese salad. Works great for me!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 10 ounces cherry or cherub tomatoes, chopped in half
- 8 ounces whole milk mozzarella, cherry sized. Chopped in half or fourths
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- (note: you can also add 1 tablespoon of olive oil if you'd like the added flavor, but it's not necessary)
- Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!