Chopped Caprese Salad is the perfect snack, side dish, or even main course this Summer! Chopped cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, and balsamic reduction. A bbq favorite!
I’m kind of embarrassed to admit how many dinners at our house consist of tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella. Pat and I both LOVE the flavor combination, and more often than not, our evenings are pretty simple. You would think a food blogger cooks every night, but this food blogger loves the simple things, and this super easy Chopped Caprese Salad is a favorite at our house!
When we were recently in Italy, Caprese flavors were all over every menu. We ordered it in different variations at almost every meal. I guess we truly can’t get enough!
What are your favorite Summer flavors? I would love to hear about them so I could maybe spice up our dinner routine. But for now, I’ll stick with my caprese salad. Works great for me!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 10 ounces cherry or cherub tomatoes, chopped in half
- 8 ounces whole milk mozzarella, cherry sized. Chopped in half or fourths
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- (note: you can also add 1 tablespoon of olive oil if you'd like the added flavor, but it's not necessary)
- Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!