Copycat McDonald’s Strawberry Cream Pies are the perfect breakfast or sweet treat!
I’m not a huge McDonald’s fan. Obviously I know its horrible for you, and when I eat there for lunch a stomach ache is almost sure to follow. That being said…I have two obsessions that I just can’t live without. Egg White Delights and Strawberry Cream Pies. I’m totally and utterly addicted. My husband is pretty frustrated with my morning Egg White Delight stops…but they’re just SO GOOD. Luckily I’ve been going less since I figured out how to recreate a healthier version at home. Hopefully the same will be true for these yummy Strawberry Cream Pies!
These little pies are so simple and delicious. They’re relatively healthy, except for the sugar, but honestly they’d still probably be pretty tasty if you used less sugar. They’re like a delicious adult poptart that I literally can’t get enough of!
My friend Kelly has a total weakness for these too. Even on diet weeks, we can’t help but say yes to one of these bad boys if we happen to drive by a dreaded McDonalds. Hopefully this recipe will ease our cravings!!
Copycat McDonald's Strawberry Cream Pies are the perfect sweet treat or breakfast!
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 2 packages Pillsbury Pie Crust (or make your own! recipe HERE)
- 2 cups hulled and chopped fresh strawberries (you could also use frozen)
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg or egg white (I love Just Whites Egg Whites!)
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 450F
- In a food processor, process the strawberries with 1/2 tablespoon sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together egg, cream cheese, 3 T sugar, and vanilla. Blend until fluffy.
- Unroll your pie crust onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 12 rectangles (6 per sheet of dough)
- Cut a small slit or heart into 6 of the rectangles
- Put a spoonful of cream cheese filling next to a spoonful of the strawberry mixture onto each of the uncut 6 rectangles, leaving room along the edge. (you can also put down the cream cheese first, and top with the strawberries)
- Cover each filled rectangle with a layer of dough (the pieces you cut) and use a fork to secure the edges well.
- Brush lightly with olive oil or egg whites and sprinkle with a little extra sugar
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned
- Makes 6 pies