This Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake only has 5 Ingredients and virtually zero cleanup! Such an easy recipe for any occasion.
I’m SO excited about having another super easy recipe to share with you! With only FIVE ingredients, this Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake is just what the busy day ordered! It’s perfect for any occasion and sure to win over kids and adults alike. For days when you can’t even begin to think about slaving away in the kitchen…but you still want to bring a delicious dinner to the table, this is your recipe!
This recipe is creamy, cheesy, herby, tasty; all the “y” things. Having only 5 ingredients means you have no choice but to try it! You won’t regret it.
This recipe reminds me a lot of a favorite my mom used to make, Smokey Sherry Chicken. I have that recipe on my list of ones to recreate, because DANG THOSE PICTURES ARE SO BAD. That was one of the first recipes I made for the site. It’s delicious, but I didn’t do it justice with those iPhone snaps. This recipe is similar, but EASIER! Win win!
Okay, I’m off to reheat this baby and get to eating! This recipe is GREAT as leftovers. My kind of meal! Enjoy.
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices good quality swiss cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 cup chardonnay (I love entwine !)
- 1 1/2 cups boxed Herbed Stuffing Mix (if you prefer to make your own, HERE is a great recipe. You do not need to add the liquids or cook it, just use the bread crumb mix)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray and place chicken at the bottom. Place one slice of cheese on each piece of chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cream of chicken soup and the wine until smooth.
- Pour wine mixture over the chicken.
- Top with the dry stuffing mix.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes. Remove cover and cook for another 20 minutes; or until stuffing is toasted and chicken is cooked through. Chicken can be tricky, so be sure to check doneness before eating.
- Serve; spooning the extra wine/stuffing mix from the dish over the chicken. Enjoy!