Pears are all the rage this Fall, and for good reason! This One Hour SUPER EASY Pear Butter is the perfect quick treat!
So I’m more that just a little excited about my first ever fruit butter!! My mom makes the absolute best Apple Butter, and it was a staple at our house growing up. The thing I remember apart from the amazing smells and delicious taste was what a process it was. I set out to find an easy version, and wanted to make it with PEARS!! Pears are this Autumn’s finest fruit, and I’m so in love with this ONE HOUR Pear Butter. So easy and so delish! I adapted this fool-proof recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Gimme Some Oven! Ali is a fellow Missouri gal, and her blog has been one of my must-reads since I started The Cookie Rookie. It’s full of gorgeous photography and simple recipes…perfect! You can see her original recipe HERE. This is the perfect sweet spread for breakfast toast, english muffins, or licking straight off the spoon. No? Just me?? I’m in love.
5 minPrep Time
50 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 3 15 ounce cans chopped pears, drained (or about 6 pears, cored and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 star anise (totally optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then cover (cover partially to allow steam to leave the pot) and simmer for 50 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure the bottom doesn't burn.
- After the mixture has cooked down and the pears are super soft, transfer to a food processor (remove the star anises) or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Store in a mason jar for up to 1 week in the fridge. Enjoy!