These Easy Smore Cookies are a favorite at our house for Christmas. It can be our little secret that they’re made with premade refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, dipped in milk chocolate, then graham cracker crumbs. DIVINE!
I’m always on the lookout for a great baking hack. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not a baker. I started this blog as I was learning to cook, and baking seems like an entirely different animal. I’ve baked cakes here and make cookies there, but I’m definitely not an expert yet. You might catch me using store bought cinnamon rolls (EASY CINNAMON ROLL FRENCH TOAST BAKE) or even cake mix (STRAWBERRIES & CREAM CAKE MIX COOKIES) from time to time. Am I ashamed…HECK NO! We all do our best in the kitchen and sometimes a little hack goes a long way. These EASY S’MORE COOKES could not be more delicious, and they also happen to be made with store bought refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. OOPS! :)
S’mores are at their best in the colder weather when we can build a fire and roast marshmallows. The flavors are second to none. Toasted marshmallows, milk chocolate, and crisp graham cracker. Bake all those flavors into an Easy Smore Cookie and you’ve got a real winner. These cookies are amazing year round, but I happen to think they’re just perfect for holiday parties and Christmas get togethers. 1) They’re EASY…no slaving away in the kitchen when there are presents to open! 2) They’re sure to please kids and adults alike 3) They’re full of flavors that bring us back to childhood and make us feel at home…and no better time for that than Christmas!
These Easy Smore Cookies are as simple as baking the store bought dough according to package instructions, broiling on some mini marshmallows, and dipping in chocolate and graham cracker crumbles. Then sit back and listen to the compliments roll in. Best cookie hack ever?? It just might be!
Happy (semi) BAKING! Enjoy!!!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 (16 oz) package, ready-to-bake large chocolate chip cookies
- 1 small package miniature marshmallows
- 7-10 ounces milk chocolate melting wafers or good quality milk chocolate chips
- 1 sleeve graham crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheet and bake per package directions.
- While cookies are baking, melt the chocolate wafers per package directions, set aside.
- Also, while cookies are baking, crush the graham crackers and pour the crushed crackers in a small bowl.
- When cookies are ready, transfer cookies and tray to a cooling rack.
- Turn the oven to broil.
- Place 8-10 mini marshmallows on the top of each cookie and very lightly press down (just so marshmallows will stay put).
- Place the cookies back in the oven, under broil, just until marshmallows begin to turn golden brown. **Watch closely – marshmallows burn quickly.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, place the tray with the cookies on a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Once cookies have cooled, reheat the chocolate then dip each cookie halfway into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed graham cracker crumbs over the chocolate.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack until chocolate is set.