For the second installment of Weekend Slimdown, I cooked one of my all-time favorite go-to breakfasts…Its just that I normally have to leave the house to eat it. Making homemade McDonald’s style Egg White Delight is SO easy…I’m obsessed!
You can ask my husband (trust me, you don’t want to get him started)…I have a serious addiction to getting the Egg White Delight from Mcdonalds. If I could eat one every morning, I really don’t think I would get sick of them. I know that there’s something wrong with that, but I just want to be honest. I LOVE them. At 250 calories, they’re just a good and filling breakfast.
Now that I’ve realized how easy and super quick they are to make at home…I need to stock my kitchen with the ingredients so I can make it every day. I’m not kidding, I may never eat any other breakfast again! I could even eat this homemade Egg White Delight for multiple meals a day if that was socially acceptable. :)
I used All Whites 100% egg whites (sold in a carton) for the egg. We LOVE them. They’re so quick and easy and taste delicious. To make the egg a good shape, i poured the amount for one egg into the bottom of a bowl and microwaved for about a minute and a half. Thats…it. Perfection!
Hope you’re having a fabulous weekend! I’m doing a LOT of cooking this weekend…so stay tuned for many new recipes!! Thanks so much for your support and positive comments. This little hobby has really started taking off, and it makes me so very excited! Happy Weekend Slimdown!
healthy homemade version of McDonald's Egg White Delight. Yum!
- 1 slice candadian bacon
- 1 slice vermont white cheddar
- 1 whole wheat english muffin (or regular english muffin)
- egg white from one egg (I use [i]All White's[/i] pourable egg whites)
- herbs, salt, and pepper to taste (optional)
- slice the english muffin in half and toast in a toaster
- microwave egg for approximately 1:20 or cook to desired consistency on the stove
- (if using herbs, salt, and pepper, sprinkle them into egg before cooking. I used Herbs of Provence)
- place cheese, canadian bacon, and egg on english muffin.
CHECK OUT OTHER HEALTHY OPTIONS FROM THE COOKIE ROOKIE: