Your family will love this ENCHILADA STUFFED PEPPER CASSEROLE, an easy weeknight meal so delicious and full of flavor.
I can’t tell you how excited I am for this recipe!! I have been wanting to make this ENCHILADA STUFFED PEPPER CASSEROLE forever, and today is the day!! My hairdresser (HI SUMMER!!) is one of the best cooks ever, and she always gives me recipe ideas. We chat back and forth about what we love to make, and she told me about this amazing family favorite!! She actually wrote out the entire recipe in text and sent it to me. I could tell right away it was a winner. I put my spin on it (Meaning, I made it less healthy. I can’t stop myself!! But you can read in the notes below how to slim it back down), and success was had by all. It’s delicious, easy, flavorful, and fast. The perfect weeknight meal for any day of the year!
Summer is a genius, this recipe is GOLD. What I love most about it is how easy it is to customize and make your own. Want to make it healthier? Skip the cheese. Want to add some protein? Throw in some rotisserie chicken or browned hamburger. Want to make it spicy? Dice up some jalapeños and go wild! The sky is the limit and I couldn’t be more obsessed. This baby is right up my alley. SO YUM!
This recipe celebrates the one year mark of my partnership with Old El Paso. It’s my longest brand partnership and I am so honored to be working with those fine ladies and gents. I have learned so much, eaten SO well, and had so much fun. I just signed on for another year, so you can look forward to more Tex-Mex creations in your future. For this recipe I used their Chopped Green Chiles (my FAVE), their Red Enchilada Sauce, and of course their Original Taco Seasoning. Old El Paso makes creating beautiful and tasty dishes for your family so fun, easy, and quick. THE BEST.
If you guys love this recipe, please thank my hairdresser Summer. It’s all her! Her family eats this good on the nightly. Aren’t you jealous? Thanks Summer for walking me through this gem, it will be in our family from now on!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 (8 ounce) packages low fat cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso red enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 green peppers, chopped into large pieces, seeds removed
- 2 red peppers, chopped into large pieces, seeds removed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- diced tomatoes and cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, heat the cream cheese in the microwave for 30-40 seconds or until softened. Mix in the taco seasoning, corn, beans, tomatoes, chiles, enchilada sauce, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Stir in the rice and ½ cup of each of the cheeses until fully combined. Set aside.
- Spray a large baking dish with nonstick spray. I used a 10” round dish, but you can also use a 9x13.
- Start by making a layer of the green peppers along the bottom of the dish. Top with half of the rice mixture, and use a spoon to smooth out as much as possible.
- Layer in the red peppers and top with last half of the rice mixture. Top with the remaining ½ cup of each of the cheeses and sprinkle with more cilantro.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and melted and the casserole is fully heated through.
- Remove from the oven and top with more cilantro and diced tomatoes. Serve immediately.
- This is a vegetarian version, but it’s also delicious with meat added in! Add in some browned hamburger or rotisserie chicken (about 1 ½ cups) for some extra flavor!
- To make this dish a bit healthier, you can scale back on the cheese. You can leave the shredded cheese out all together, or just add a sprinkle on top, up to you!
This post has been sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!