Everything Bagels have always been a favorite, so why not make them into a casserole loaded with cream cheese? Breakfast meets comfort food with this Everything Bagel Savory French Toast Casserole! EASY and delicious mornings coming right up!
Welcome to the breakfast JACKPOT!!! Here at The Cookie Rookie, I love love love easy breakfasts. I’m always searching for the next simple recipe, because let’s face it, I’m NOT a morning person. Waking up early to cook has never (and probably will never) be my strong suit. So easy breakfasts are essential at our house. When I found out September is #NationalBreakfastMonth, I knew I had to search high and low for a new favorite. This Everything Bagel Savory French Toast Casserole is literally perfect! Loaded with sausage, cheese, eggs, cream cheese, and of course Everything Bagels; it makes mornings easy and delicious. Prepare it the night before, and simply bake when you wake! I like it!
I have been SO honored to work with Jones Dairy Farm this year. Some of my favorite recipes I’ve made have included their amazing and quality meats. Their pork sausage is one of my favorite products they offer, and it’s the perfect addition to this savory breakfast. If you’re ever looking for a wide variety of breakfast recipes, the Jones Dairy Farm website is an awesome resource! You might see some of my stuff on there too, which is obviously a bonus :)
15 minPrep Time
65 minCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 6 Everything Bagels
- 6 ounces (1/2 tube) Jones Dairy Farm Sausage, uncooked
- One 8oz. Package Cream Cheese
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Maple syrup for garnish, optional
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat skillet over medium/high heat. Cook sausage in skillet, crumbling as you cook. When sausage is fully cooked, drain oil and set aside.
- Tear or chop bagels into pieces and place in casserole dish. Sprinkle bagels with sausage crumbles, allowing some crumbles to fall down in between the bagel pieces.
- In a large bowl; whisk together eggs, milk, cream, chives, and salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the bagels.
- Cut the cream cheese into pieces and place on top of bagels.
- Top with cheese and cover with foil.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Bake covered at 450 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with maple syrup if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe was written within a partnership with Jones Dairy Farm. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that support The Cookie Rookie!