After our harsh and bitter winter, I am so very ready for summer. I’m ready for the pool, sunlight (I’m incredibly tired of being nearly transparent from the lack of sunlight), and barbecues.
Celebrations is featuring recipes perfect for Spring/Summer. Lighter fare, fresh colors and flavors, getting together with friends and family, being outside, that’s what summer is all about.
Just because so many Spring and Summer get-togethers are outside barbecues doesn’t mean you can’t bring something beautiful and elegant to the party! I especially love food that is beautiful and elegant while still being incredibly simple. This Summer Fruit Bruschetta will brighten any table and is sure to be an easy party favorite.
One of my favorite new items in my pantry is raspberry white balsamic vinegar. Yum! It’s delicate and delicious, and is the perfect topping to this bruschetta.
I can’t wait to try it on salads and all sorts of other meals. But first, I’m going to keep drizzling it on this fruit bruschetta and welcoming the summer months with open arms!
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into thin slices
- 10 strawberries, diced into small pieces
- 3 peaches, diced into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons raspberry white balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic vinegar)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into small pieces
- 1 log cranberry goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place French bread on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until fully toasted.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine strawberries, peaches, and balsamic. Spread Cranberry Goat cheese onto each slice of French bread.
- With a slotted spoon, place fruit mixture on each piece of French bread.
SEE OTHER FAVORITE SPRING/SUMMER RECIPES!: