These fun Ghostly S’mores Hot Chocolate by Simply Sated are fun for both kids and adults this Halloween. YUM!
As a child, I dressed up in whatever I could find pushed to the back of my parent’s closet or buried in boxes in the basement. If nothing interesting could be found, the contingency plan was always dressing as a ghost. A spare white sheet could almost always be found somewhere in the house, and of course, Halloween just isn’t Halloween without ghosts.
A couple of years ago, my husband, our grand-dog (Scout), my 82 year-old mom, and I dressed up in homemade ghost costumes and surprised my son, Micah and his wife, Anna, at their home Halloween night. They live three hours away and had no idea we were coming. We walked down the street in out ghostly attire, trick-or-treated and then, after several minutes of staring at each other and some other shenanigans, revealed ourselves. It was a blast!
To top the night off, Micah and Anna had a huge surprise for my mom later in the evening when they told her they were expecting their first child. Their surprise announcement made that Halloween one of the most fun nights of each of our lives.
Just like that evening, Halloween should be a night full of tricks and treats, and Ghostly S’mores Hot Chocolate is a fun addition to any Halloween party. Toasted Ghost Peeps and hot chocolate served in a mug rimmed with graham crackers is the perfect beverage to serve any spooky guests.
To see more posts by mom (Simpy Sated) be sure to check out her blog or click on her social media links below!! She’s got lots of other fun Halloween posts over there :)
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- Hot Chocolate a favorite recipe
- 4 Ghost Peeps (buy extra to use for practice)
- 4 Halloween Straws
- 4 Bamboo Skewers
- 2 full Graham Crackers crushed
- Lighter, matches or kitchen food torch
- Cut the bamboo skewers and straws to the desired length. (the straws will cover the bamboo skewers once the ghosts have been scorched)
- Crush the Graham Crackers and place on a shallow plate or bowl.
- Prepare favorite hot chocolate and keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, pour 1/2 cup hot chocolate.
- Dip the rim of each cup in the hot chocolate then dip in the crushed graham crackers. Set the rimmed glasses aside to dry and until ready to use.
- Place a Ghost Peep on a bamboo skewer, but do not poke it all the way through.
- Using a lighter or match or kitchen torch, burn around the edges of the marshmallow Ghost Peeps. Do NOT burn close to the eyes - the sugar will dissolve and the eyes lose their shape.)
- Slide a straw over the bamboo skewer (from the bottom) and push slightly into the ghosts.
- Set the ghosts on the straws in the rimmed glasses.
- Pour the hot chocolate into the cups being careful not to disturb the graham cracker rim.
- Repeat until all drinks are prepared.
- *See note.
Note: If desired - to serve for a party, pre-rim the glasses and prepare the hot chocolate then let the guests toast their own ghost peeps.