Simple Green Fruit Salad Cups are a delicious and (semi) healthy way to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day! Yum!
There is always so much pressure around holidays to make things extra creative. Extra indulgent . Extra “wow”. I decided to keep things simple this Saint Patrick’s Day with these cute and healthy(er) Green Fruit Salad Cookie Cups! They’re perfect for family baking, delicious for kids and adults alike, and SO customizable. Fruit comes in all kinds of beautiful colors. I see variations of these bad boys for every holiday of the year! I made the cookie cups the same way I did for the Twix Cookie Cups. But a fruit filling is healthier than a chocolate and caramel filling. And quicker! Once the cookies are out of the oven and cooled, fill with delicious fruit and get to snacking!
Top with a little dollop of whipped cream. A little bit never hurt anyone.
I’ll be posting some more indulgent Saint Patty’s Day recipes soon, but for now, let’s choose healthy. The cookie cups part doesn’t count. Girl math.
I’m so honored to have this recipe featured in Albertson’s newsletter, The Weekly Nibble! You can find all sorts of delicious healthy recipes for every occasion there. Check it out! There are other fab recipes there too :)
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1-package ready-to-bake sugar cookies
- 3 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 honeydew melon cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup green grapes, cut into fourths
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces unpeeled
- low-fat whipped topping
- fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Using a regular-sized muffin tin, roll 2 cookie squares together into a ball and place one in each muffin cup.
- Bake at 325F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 2 minutes on a cooling rack.
- With the baked cookies still in the muffin cups, press a mini-tart shaper or the bottom of a shot glass into the baked cookie to shape into mini piecrusts.
- Let cool another 1-2 minutes, then remove the baked shells and set aside to cool completely.
- Place the prepared fruit in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Fill the sugar cookie piecrusts with the fruit mixture and top with whipped topping and a fresh mint leaf.