This EASY Italian Salsa only has 5 ingredients! Love these flavors as a dip or bruschetta topper.
HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
So this recipe happened by accident. I wasn’t meaning for this post to happen…I was just trying to make a simple salsa to watch the Chiefs game. When I went into the pantry, I didn’t have any cilantro or lime juice, two of my most needed ingredients for fresh salsa. I was still craving a healthy tomato based dip…so I had an idea. What if I substituted balsamic vinegar for lime juice, and basil and garlic for cilantro?? The results were easy and tasty, and Italian Salsa was born.
This Italian Salsa works great as a dip with chips, or also is super tasty on top of bread as a bruschetta topper. With only 5 ingredients (plus salt and pepper to taste), you can’t go wrong. I know I’ll still make traditional Mexican salsa, but I’m pretty hooked on the Italian version as well!
The Chiefs won and I have a new favorite easy recipe. How’s that for a great Sunday!?
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 4 cups finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- tortilla chips or pita chips
- Combine all ingredients (except for the chips) :) in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips.
- TIP: Chop the tomatoes as finely as possible to make sure that the balsamic and olive oil mix together with the tomatoes fully. If making a bruschetta topping, you can make the tomatoes slightly larger.