KING RANCH CHICKEN DIP is a fun twist on a classic family favorite casserole. The flavors including chicken, rotel, cheese, and tortillas lend themselves easily to a delicious dip, just perfect for the Super Bowl!
I don’t know about you guys, but King Ranch Chicken Casserole has always been one of my favorite casserole indulgences. All that CHEESE, chicken, spice, and tortillas. Such great comfort food, and SO easy to throw together. So when thinking about Super Bowl appetizers and how I could make something new, and fun, I instantly thought that King Ranch Chicken Dip would be just the thing! Turns out that those comforting casserole flavors lend themselves just as easily to an awesome dip, and it’s just as easy as the meal to make. What’s not to love??
It’s no secret that my favorite way to spice up SO many of my favorite party foods is with Old El Paso! I used their Taco Seasoning, Flour Tortillas, and Green Chiles (my FAVE) for this recipe and they were the perfect (easy) addition. I’m addicted and I don’t care who knows it!
I have a lot of favorite dips, but this one is right up there with all the winners. It’s such a fun and new twist on one of my very favorite meals, and I hope you love it as much as we do! It’s our new favorite way to tailgate, especially for the Super Bowl! Who are you guys cheering for? With my Chiefs out I’m pretty much just cheering against the Patriots…mostly because Pat likes them. I can’t have him walking around the house happy now can I??
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 lb cooked/shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 16 ounces low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso green chiles
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) packed Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 Old El Paso flour tortillas, cut into 1 inch squares
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients except for ½ cup cheese and the tortillas.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray. Start by placing a handful of the tortilla squares into the bottom of the casserole dish (1/3 of the tortillas). Top with 1/2 of the chicken mixture, and then top with another 1/3 of the tortillas. Repeat one more time, ending with the rest of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the entire dish with the remaining ½ cup shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite chips.
This post was written in partnership with Old El Paso. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks so much for supporting the brands that support The Cookie Rookie!