Copycat Pepperidge Farm Mint Chocolate Brussels make a delicious Christmas cookie, or are delicious for any time of year!
As a kid, my favorite cookies were always my mom’s. She is an amazing baker and even had her own cookie company. When she wasn’t busy making us cookies, my favorite of the store-bought variety were always Pepperidge Farm Brussels. I just couldn’t get enough.
I love the crisp outer cookie with the sweet chocolate center. Sometimes mom would buy the mint chocolate ones. YUM. So amazing. The perfect sweet treat.
This year was my first time participating in the Food Bloggers Cookie Swap put on by two of my favorite blogs, The Little Kitchen and Love and Olive Oil. I’m so glad I finally took the plunge and joined in! So much fun swapping cookies with other bloggers! I sent out these Mint Chocolate Brussels and 3 bloggers sent me cookies. Now THAT was a good mail day!
I got Green Tea and Almond Biscotti from Cats and Commas, Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies from Chocolate Castles, and Cranberry Orange Pinwheels from Cooking in the Front Burner. All delicious and unique!! Thank you so much Hannah, Trudy, and Deb! They were delicious!
It was so fun packing up these little cookies and sending them on their way. It felt like the Christmas spirit was finally picking up around here.
The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap was SO much fun! What a delicious idea :). Enjoy!
These fun and festive cookies are a favorite for Christmas baking!
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats bran
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 8 tsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 bag Nestle Tollhouse Delightfuls Mint Chocolate Baking chips
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips). Stir to combine well.
- Spoon around 1/2 tsp of dough, lightly flatten it on lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 300F for 15-20 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate. Melt in intervals of 15 seconds, stirring in between until fully melted.
- Spread chocolate on cookies and sandwich with another cookies.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving.