THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED IN 2016!! CHECK OUT THE NEW POST (AND MUCH PRETTIER PHOTOS) HERE. :)
well, i just found my new favorite (easy) dish!! mexican food has always been one of my very favorite meals, but its no secret it can be fattening. this alternative that bakes the fajitas is SOOO GOOD, and much better for you! its also incredibly easy.
i found a version of this recipe on a very cool cooking block, six sisters stuff.com. you can see their recipe here. i added a few things, and took out a few things, to make it my own. i love the added cilantro…such a great addition. i also tossed the chicken in garlic cooking cream. philadelphia cream cheese makes these new cooking creams, available in all sorts of flavors. they are really good. the garlic version has just enough spice where its not overpowering…but really kicks the taste up a notch. if you don’t want to go out and buy that, adding a little garlic salt would also taste great.
here are some pics of the process, the detailed recipe is below:
i love that this recipe is so easy. for a quick dinner, this is perfect. 5 minute prep, toss it in the oven, forget about it for 25 minutes, and dinner is served!! and this was FABULOUS as leftovers. i have eaten it for three days now. it really is so so good!
okay, i’m off to eat this for the fourth time. i hope you enjoy it as much as i did!
want to find a great and fun cocktail to compliment this meal?? head over to our drink page to find sangrias, spritzers, and other delicious options!!!
such a quick and easy (and delicious) dinner option!! put them in the oven, leave them, take them out, and eat them! enjoy :)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (i used one red, one yellow, and one orange)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons garlic cooking creme (Philadelphia Cream cheese) OR 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas, warmed to serve
- sour cream, salsa, and shredded cheese for garnish
- one fresh lime (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 13Ã?9 baking dish.
- Mix together tomatoes, peppers, and onions in the dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, cooking cream, and spices. toss the sliced chicken breast in spice mixture to coat.
- combine chicken and vegetables in baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, garnished with your choice of shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream. enjoy!