Today I found the absolute perfect sweet treat. The easiest, quickest, and tastiest sweet treat!! You have to try these…
Peanut butter and chocolate has always been one of my favorite flavor combinations. As a kid, back when I literally had zero interest in actual cooking, I would microwave peanut butter with chocolate chips and eat it with a spoon. That brings back both embarrassing and delicious memories. Add cheesecake in the mix, NO BAKE cheesecake…and I’m in heaven.
This incredibly easy recipe has 5 minutes of prep, 20 minutes of freezer “baking”, and then you’re ready to chow down. Now that’s what I’m talking about!!
I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Taste and Tell. I check her site daily for new recipes. Her recipes are delicious, simple, and always crowd-pleasers. She got it from Rachael Ray, so that’s probably all the promotion I need to give it. Two great cooks signing off on its deliciousness…it has to be good.
If you do require more arm twisting…Scout is willing to write these Cheesecake Bars a letter or recommendation. She was VERY pleased with the final product.
I hope you can keep this recipe on speed dial for the days when quick and easy sweetness is needed. For me, that’s at least weekly! Enjoy!
- 1½ cup crushed chocolate Teddy Grahams
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 8 ounces room-temperature cream cheese
- 7 ounces (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- Crush the Teddy Grahams in a zip-lock bag. Mix together the cookie crumbs and the melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the gelatin with 1 tablespoon of water. Let sit for 5 minutes until firm.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until smooth. Microwave the gelatin for 10 seconds to melt, then beat into the cream cheese mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Gently spread the mixture over the crumb crust.
- Freeze for 20 minutes then cut into squares.
CHECK OUT OTHER FAVORITE SWEET TREATS: