Peppermint Hot Chocolate Floats are the best dessert for Winter. SUPER EASY sweet treat alert!
HOW IS EVERYONE RECOVERING FROM CHRISTMAS!! The most wonderful time of the year. I can’t believe it’s already passed us by, how is that possible! I say we keep the Christmas cheer going all winter by enjoying peppermint and chocolate for as long as possible…what do you think? My friend Lissy has always raved about enjoying her hot chocolate poured over peppermint stick ice cream, and I told her that I just had to give it a try. She told me I had to name it after her if so…so I did! You guys are going to love “The Lissy”! :)
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Floats are a simple but decadent dessert truly perfect for year round enjoyment. In the winter, you can enjoy it because the flavors scream HOLIDAY. In the summer, what’s better than an ice cream float? I like my logic. Once you taste it, you’ll like it too.
For the hot chocolate, I used my VERY FAVORITE Slow Cooker Peppermint Hot Chocolate recipe, but you could use your favorite version or even store-bought. You can also make your own ice cream (here’s an awesome recipe I love) or you can buy you favorite brand. EASY. We are ready to unwind from all that holiday cooking with a treat that’s ready in minutes!
THANK YOU LISSY for the fabulous idea. I can tell this will be a favorite for years to come.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- Two scoops of your favorite Peppermint Stick Ice Cream
- 1 cup Hot Chocolate (Click HERE for my SLOW COOKER PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE recipe!)
- Place ice cream in a large mug or ice cream float dish.
- Pour hot chocolate over ice cream. Don't be worried if it all melts together, that's even more delicious that way!
- Eat with a spoon or straw. Enjoy!