Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal is a healthy and delicious PERFECT breakfast for fall!
I’ve said this so many times before…but I’m NOT a morning person. Every day when I wake up…it’s too early. Even if I’m sleeping in….its too early. On work days…its for SURE too early. I get ready while watching Pat and Scout continue to sleep and I silently curse them under my breath. That extra 20 minutes he has on me realllly gets under my skin! :)
The last thing I want to do in my sleep deprived, annoyed, resentful mood is make a complicated breakfast. I want something easy! I’ve learned a couple simple favorites along the way, but Pumpkin Week has given me a new breakfast to love. And its made in about 5 minutes. Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal for the WIN.
On those extra tough mornings…its definitely best topped with some snazzy whipped cream. Cool Whip never hurt anyone. This stuff is almost worth waking up early for. Although I bet its pretty good for lunch too!
Are you enjoying Pumpkin Week! There’s a lot more coming your way! Be sure to click on the top banner or the banner below to see all of our favorite pumpkin spice recipes! Favorite time of the year!!
5 minPrep Time
2 minCook Time
7 minTotal Time
- 2 cups 1-minute oats
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cool Whip Topping (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except for the optional toppings (except for butterscotch and white chocolate chips and walnuts).
- Microwave on high for approximately 2 minutes, or until oatmeal is desired consistency (for thinner oatmeal, add more milk, for thicker, less milk)
- Allow to rest approximately 1 minute an serve hot. Top with walnuts, butterscotch, and chocolate chips if desired. Or top with cool whip for an extra tasty treat!