Easy and incredibly delicious Roasted Green Beans with Feta and Tomatoes is the only way to eat green beans! Perfect side for every meal!
Who’s in the mood for a super easy, super delicious, and INCREDIBLY flavorful side dish to make for Easter (or any day of the year)??? If you’re still looking for the perfect recipe for this weekend, you’ve come to the right place. Roasted Green Beans with Feta and Tomatoes (and mushrooms!) is all of those things, and thrown together in minutes!
I participated in a blog hop this month, and it was such a fun experience. It was a fun way to meet other bloggers, and try out some of their best recipes! The blogger I was assigned was Tamara from Beyond Mere Sustenance. I LOVE her beautiful site. She is a self-proclaimed “foodie”, but also loves the togetherness that a love of food brings.
“Food can (and should) be more than just a way to fill your belly and keep it quiet. It can be an adventure, it can provide comfort, it can become part of the foundation of a strong family across generations.”
It was hard to pick just one recipe from her site to recreate! I loved so many. I can’t wait to try her Miso and Orange Glazed Chicken (!!!!), Chicken and Cilantro Soup, or Irish Scallop Bisque. She has dishes with such bright and distinct flavors, and a flare for describing each recipe in a way that makes you feel you can actually taste them!
I chose to recreate her Roasted Green Beans with Tomatoes and Blue Cheese, because, well check out that post! The gorgeous colors, the bright flavors, the fresh prep. I loved everything about it. I put my own spin on it by using Feta instead of Blue Cheese. Pat can be a picky eater, and loves his Feta. I love blue cheese and think it would be a lovely compliment to these flavors. Be sure to try it Tamara’s original way as well!
Thank you so much Tamara for allowing me to explore your blog, pick your brain, and recreate one of your delicious recipes! It was quite a tasty treat. I look forward to making more of her recipes in the future! Enjoy!
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 6-8 ounces cremini or baby bella mushrooms, halved or quartered**
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, ends snapped off
- 6-8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 8 ounces Cherub or other variety small tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (to drizzle)
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 ounces feta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Steam the green bean just until tender-crisp, about 10 minutes in a steamer. Do not overcook. They will cook longer in the oven later :)
- When the green beans are tender-crisp, add them to a medium sized bowl with the mushrooms. Add the tomatoes whole.
- Drizzle the mixture with olive oil; adding salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme leaves. Toss well to combine. Spread out the mixture on a prepared 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Roast for approximately 20 minutes, until tips of green beans begin to brown and tomatoes have collapsed.
- Remove from the oven, and add about half the feta over top. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Add the remaining feta just prior to serving.