Simple Spiced Baked Chicken Wings are rubbed with simply paprika, garlic, and salt and pepper. Crispy Oven Baked Wings do exist!
I have been thinking a lot about Valentine’s Day recipes lately. All my planning notes consist of pink this and pink that. But if I really want to fill my husband’s heart and stomach with love on February 14th, there’s only one way. CHICKEN WINGS! I’ve been experimenting with easy hot wing recipes lately, and I think I’ve found a favorite. This Simple Spiced Baked Chicken Wings recipe is a great base that goes with any type of dipping sauce and will make any wing-loving husband (or wife!) pretty darn happy on Valentine’s Day. You’re welcome Pat!
I love the simplicity of this spice rub. The wings get a coating of just flour, paprika, garlic, and salt and pepper. That’s really all they need. They come out of the oven crispy (YES, it’s POSSIBLE!), delicious, and with just the right amount of spice. The flavor goes well with literally any type of dipping sauce. We love them with buffalo sauce, but they would be great with honey dijon, garlic parmesan, or anything else you are partial to!
Sure, desserts are fun on Valentine’s Day. Everybody loves to show their affection with cookies, cupcakes, and an explosion of pink. But some people, like Pat, prefer Chicken Wings. It’s just a fact of life. I think they might be on to something.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 chicken wingettes (just means tips removed), thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Dot the foil with the butter, there is no need to melt it ahead of time but you can if you would like.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Coat both sides of each wing fully in the flour mixture and place on the baking sheet. Make sure the butter pieces are evenly spaced out among the wings.
- Bake wings for 30 minutes.
- Turn wings over and bake for an additional 15 more minutes or until crispy and fully cooked.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and sprinkle with fresh parsley if desired.