Valentine’s Day is just days away! Celebrate Valentine’s Day In with Skinny Loaded Sweet Potato Fry Nachos!
I literally can’t believe Valentine’s Day in only days away. Are you ready??? I know I’m not. I’ve tested lots of recipes for the big holiday this year, but most of them have been things I love, maybe not things Pat loves (I have a picky husband on my hands!). So…I’ve pulled out all the stops with this recipe. The boy loves nachos. The boy loves fries. The boy loves healthy(er) foods. These Loaded Sweet Potato Fry Nachos are PERFECT…I’m so excited for Valentine’s Day now that I’ve found the perfect recipe!
Pat is a very simple eater. He loves the things that he loves. Sometimes it frustrates me that he doesn’t want to try all of the new and creative things I want to make in the kitchen. I know these nachos don’t necessarily LOOK romantic…but they are. I’m constantly trying to make him eat things that aren’t his cup of tea. Valentine’s Day is my chance to spoil him with things he loves. I’m pretty sure these nachos are just the thing! They’re loaded with lots of toppings, but still kept skinny by using simple ingredients and only small servings of the indulgent parts, like the cheese. You don’t have to skimp of flavor to be calorie conscious! I’m learning…slowly but surely!
To keep these “romantic” fry nachos simple and quick, I used some of my favorite brands, Hunts Tomatoes and Alexia Sweet Potato Fries. I’ve used Alexia before, and have falled in love! I love Hunts Tomatoes because they’re Flash Steamed to peel (instead of using lye). They’re canned within hours of being picked, right in California. I can feel good about putting them on these nachos, and it saves me lots of time in the kitchen as well! Alexia Foods is a line of premium, all natural frozen potatoes, breads, and side dishes. We LOVE their onion rings around here, but their sweet potato fries are my favorite. I knew they would be the perfect base to these Loaded Sweet Potato Fry Nachos. And just like Hunts, using frozen fries saves SO much time. The last place you want to be on Valentine’s Day is in the kitchen for hours!
The other exciting news for YOU??? There’s a twitter party happening TODAY (2/4) from 1-2pm EST where you can win up to $500 in giftcards to have your own Valentine’s Day In! Be sure to follow hosts @ModerndayMoms and @_Penelope to participate, and I’ll be there too! (@cookierookiebec) You can RSVP via this widget below! (Please come!)
Be sure to check out Hunt’s® Facebook and Alexia® Foods Facebook to stay up to date on great recipes and amazing deals! Also check out ModernDayMoms and Laura in the Kitchenfor great VDay recipes to please anyone!! So fun! Enjoy :)
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package Alexia Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 can Hunts Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can steamed corn, drained
- 1 cup Mexican Blend Cheese
- Toppings such as low fat sour cream, cilantro, jalapenos, avocado, whatever you love!
- Place chicken breasts with salsa in a slow cooker for 3 hours on high. After three hours, you should be able to easily shred the chicken. Keep on warm until ready to make your nachos.
- Prepare Alexia Fries according to package directions.
- Once fries are cooked, you're ready to make your nachos!
- Prehead oven to 350F
- Place fries in the bottom of a skillet (you can do two small skillets, or 1 large skillet)
- Top with chicken, beans, corn, and tomatoes.
- Finally, top with cheese.
- Bake skillet for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Take out and top with cilantro, sour cream, avocado, or anything that you love!
- (you'll have extra chicken, so this is the perfect meal for leftovers as well! You can also freeze the salsa chicken for later use!)