Slow Cooker Queso Fundido with Chorizo! My husband’s dream dip!
This SLOW COOKER QUESO FUNDIDO WITH CHORIZO was originally posted in August 2015. It’s one of my all-time favorites so I thought it deserved a re-boot! ENJOY!
My life as a food blogger is a constant journey to find recipes that will get Pat excited. For someone who claims to not be a picky eater…he is VERY particular about what he actually loves. Sure, he will eat anything (except onions), but he only craves a handful of foods. Spicy cheese dip is one of those foods that he LOVES. Typically the kind found at our local Mexican restaurant. Ooey gooey amazing queso. Well I just won Wife of the Year…because I figured out how to make it at home…IN A SLOW COOKER! I’m patting myself on the back over here!
This easy and amazingly delicious Slow Cooker Queso Fundido with Chorizo couldn’t be easier! The only step apart from throwing things in a crockpot is browning the chorizo. Yep…this dip involves only about 7 minutes of prep time! You can throw it in the slow cooker, forget about it, and then enjoy! It has just the right amount of spice and way too much cheese, which is just how I like it!
10 minPrep Time
2 hrCook Time
2 hr, 10 Total Time
- 12 ounces uncooked chorizo (or 8 ounces cooked)
- 16 ounces shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium skillet, cook the chorizo over medium/high heat. Crumble as you cook.
- Drain the chorizo fully and set aside.
- Combine cheese, chorizo, salsa, and cilantro in slow cooker. Cook on high for 1-2 hours (or low for 3-4 hours), stirring every 30 minutes.
- If desired, pour into oven safe bowl and broil for 4-5 minutes before serving to melt the top layer of cheese (optional)
- Serve with toasted bread or chips.