Grilled S’more Pizza made with a Snickerdoodle Crust and Salted Caramel sauce. Perfection!
Ohhh grilling season. The best food on the planet. I’ve loved trying new things (new for me…not so new for everyone else!) on the grill this summer; variations of grilled chicken, side dishes, and even fruit! The flavors of summer all enjoyed during beautiful weather. Those are all great, and some are even healthy, but I’ve got a new treat for you. Grilled Salted Caramel Smore Pizza with Snickerdoodle Crust. You heard me.
Before I really start, let me admit that there is nothing “homemade” in this grilled dessert. It was that kind of weekend for us. I used store-bought snickerdoodle dough and store-bought caramel sauce (THE SHAME!!!). I know, I know. You could totally make those on your own if you wanted to. HERE is a great snickerdoodle recipe, and HERE is our recipe for homemade caramel sauce (just add some sea salt to the mix to make it ‘salted’!). But if you’re in he mood for a jaw-dropping dessert and don’t want to truly get your hands and kitchen dirty…then this version is for you. I had to. Please forgive me.
The other thing I totally need to admit is that I overcooked the cookie base. You can also make this in the oven (grilling is more fun), and it would be easier to cook the cookie evenly. The grill has a tendency to char the bottom while the top is still undercooked. The cookie WILL cook, but remove it from the heat a bit earlier than you think you should. I waited about 3 minutes too long. The cookie continues to cook on the grill pan after it leaves the grill. It was still delicious with the slightly burned bottom, and actually almost tasted even more like a real s’more! But if you prefer your cookie a bit less crispy, be sure to take it off the heat a minute or two before it looks completely done.
Whew. Now that I’ve come clean on those two little details…let’s eat!! We have ooey, gooey, delicious S’more Pizza to enjoy!! This dessert was SO decadent, so delicious, I felt so guilty. It’s a little slice of summer heaven.
Grilled Salted Caramel S'mores Pizza with a Snickerdoodle Crust! YUM!
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 package (around 17 oz) refrigerated Snickerdoodle cookie dough (or your favorite recipe)
- 1/2 bottle (6 oz) Smuckers Simple Delights Salted Caramel Sauce (or your favorite, or homemade! )
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup large milk chocolate chips
- Spray a grill pan with nonstick spray and heat your grill to around 325-350F
- Roll out the dough into a disc and place on grill pan.
- (If baking, then bake the cookies in the oven per package instructions until 75% done)
- Grill on your grill for around 20 minutes, watching carefully.
- When the top of the cookie is firm enough, spread on the caramel sauce and evenly distribute over the cookie. top with the marshmallows and chocolate and allow to grill for about 5 more minutes.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool for at least 5-10 minutes. The cookie should continue to cook on the grill pan.
- Slice and serve! Enjoy!