Traditional Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage is a MUST MAKE easy St. Patrick’s Day recipe!
St. Patrick’s Day has always been one of my very favorite holidays! As a red head, it just pays to wear green. It’s in my genes! St Louis has one of the biggest and most fun St. Patrick’s Day celebrations every year, and Corned Beef and Cabbage can be found on every corner. To make things even easier and tastier this year, I’ve decided to make SLOW COOKER Corned Beef and Cabbage! So simple and yum!
This classic corned beef and cabbage recipe is a must make for St. Patrick’s Day! Dress in green, drink a Guinness (or an Irish cream coffee), and eat some Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage! It’s just a necessity!
St. Patrick’s Day is the best day of the year to be red headed and pale skinned. I’m among my people!!
Enjoy this slow cooker corned beef and cabbage recipe!!
adapted from http://www.food.com/recipe/corned-beef-dinner-crock-pot-14537?photo=380063
10 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 - 2 1/2 lbs corned beef brisket
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 red potatoes, peeled and halved
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 garlic clove,minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- The spice packet that comes with the corned beef brisket (optional)
- 1 small cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 cups beef broth
- Trim brisket of all visible fat.
- Spray a large slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place onion, potatoes and carrots in bottom of the slow cooker and place corned beef on top.
- Whisk together bouillon, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and beef broth.
- Pour the liquid over brisket.
- Sprinkle the included spice packet over the corned beef (optional). Cover pot.
- Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours, adding cabbage wedges and caraway seed for the last hour of cooking.
- To serve, discard cooking liquid, slice meat and serve with mustard if desired.