Apple Cheddar and Prosciutto Breakfast Cornbread makes for the perfect easy breakfast or side dish.
Breakfast at our house is always crazy. Pat and I are both FAR from being “morning people”. I stay in bed until the last possible minute, then try not to get angry while he snores as I get ready!! He doesn’t have to be at work as early as I do, so I’m always jealous that he gets extra Scout cuddle time. The last thing I want to do in the mornings is waste time making an elaborate breakfast.
On top of wanting to find easy and delicious breakfast options, I’m also still learning to cook. Baby steps around here!! When I happened across Fleishmann’s Simply Homemade Cornbread Mix, I knew I had found the perfect solution. Tastes like its from scratch, without all the extra pressure and hassle. Yes Please!
This cornbread mix is SOOO easy. It tastes amazing (made with more corn than the leading brand!) and is so easy to customize! Do you like fruit in your cornbread? Pile it on. Do you want it a little spicy and savory? Add cheese and jalapeno! Do you want the perfect breakfast cornbread?? Add Apple, Cheddar, and Prosciutto. YUM.
I love how the tartness and sweetness of the apple blends with the saltiness of the prosciutto. This must be my favorite breakfast flavor combination. Its the same we used in our Breakfast Frittata a couple months back. Mouth…watering…
If you’re in a pinch for the perfect easy breakfast (or side dish!!), I hope you give this easy cornbread mix a try. I can’t wait to come up with different flavor combinations. I love no-fail deliciousness!
Easy Cornbread stuffed with Apple, Prosciutto, and Cheddar is the perfect breakfast or side dish!
10 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 box Fleishmann's Simply Homemade Cornbread Mix
- 3 oz Prosciutto, diced
- 1 Granny Smith Apple, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk (per box instructions)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (per box instructions)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine cornbread mix with milk and butter per box instructions
- Add cheese, prosciutto, and apple to the cornbread mix. Stir well.
- Pour into greased or nonstick muffin tins and bake for 22-28 minutes, or until golden brown. (you can test by inserting a toothpick into muffins, when it comes out clean they are done)
- Let cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fleischmann’s. The opinions and text are all mine.