Ooey Gooey Apple Pie Grilled Cheese is the ULTIMATE comfort food!
Clearly I have an absolute obsession with all things apple pie. Apple Pie Sangria, Apple Pie Cupcakes, Apple Pie Pops (COMING SOON!), and let’s not forget my fave Apple Pie Punch. I cannot get enough.
Apple Pie Grilled Cheese was the obvious next step.
Soon all of my meals will consist of Apple Pie knockoffs! And I’m truly okay with that.
I was inspired by this recipe from Eats Well with Others. BRILLIANT! I of course had to add extra cheese. I’m dying over the ooey gooey brie, the creamy mascarpone, and of course the apple pie filling. I used pre-made apple pie filling, but I’m including an easy recipe for making it yourself in the recipe card below. The easier the better, folks!This would make the ultimate Christmas quick lunch, or dessert, or dinner. I mean, any meal really. Breakfast? Sure. It’s so delish you’ll want to eat it all the time!
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 slices of your favorite bread. I used Apple Strudel Bread, but cinnamon swirl would be delicious as well!
- 1/2 package brie (4 oz)
- mascarpone cheese
- butter for bread (optional)
- 1/2 can apple pie filling
- 1 tbsp butter, divided
- 2 honeycrisp apples cut into slices
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- If you're making your own filling, saute the 1 tsp butter, apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon until the apples are fork tender. Set aside. (if using premade apple pie filling, then disregard that step)
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread.
- Spread mascarpone on the inside of each slice of bread.
- Stack your sandwiches with one slice of bread, butter side down, with a layer of apples, the sliced brie, then more apples. Top with other slice of bread, butter side up. Grill on medium heat on a skillet for approximately 2 minutes, then flip and grill other side. The bread should be browned but not burned. The brie should be melty.
- Repeat with other slices of bread to make your second sandwich.