These Mini Apple Pie Taco Boats are made in under 30 minutes, full of flavor, and SO CUTE! Toasted taco boats are sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and topped with apple pie filling and pie crust.
Apple Pie Taco Boats
These apple pie taco boats are one of the cutest desserts I’ve seen! They’re individually-sized and super delicious.
Why You’ll Love these Mini Apple Pies
- QUICK DESSERT: You can make this delicious dessert in just half an hour!
- KID-FRIENDLY: The kids will LOVE these little desserts. They’re so cute and the perfect size for kids.
- APPLE PIE MADE EASY: No need to spend hours in the kitchen for this apple pie inspired recipe!
How to Make Apple Pie Boats
*Check the recipe card below for the full instructions and ingredients list.
- Preheat oven and cut pie crust dough into strips.
- Brush the outside of each taco boat with melted butter, then sprinkle cinnamon sugar all over.
- Place the boats on a baking sheet and fill them with apple pie filling. Then place the strips of pie crust on top.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve them up with ice cream and enjoy!
What are taco boats?
For this dessert, I used the Old El Paso mini taco boats. They are little bowl-like taco shells that stand up and hold lots of ingredients. They are great for making little tacos and appetizers, but I wanted to make a fun taco boat dessert to try out!
How big are these mini apple pies?
These are the perfect individual-sized apple pies. For adults they’re a couple of bites, while kids can easily take their time getting through these. I find they’re the best size for weeknight desserts or party desserts.
Can I make these ahead of time?
These mini apple pie taco boats will be best when served and eaten fresh. But you can make them earlier in the day so you aren’t rushing to prepare them (although they don’t take long to make anyways). If you do need to make them a little further ahead, or if you have leftovers, keep them in the fridge up to 2 days.
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Using canned apple pie filling makes this recipe super quick and easy!
- Dip the taco boats in cinnamon sugar to give it a sweet, desserty flavor all over.
- Weave or criss-cross the pie crust strips on top of the boats to make a lattice pattern.
- Serve warm and top with a scoop of ice cream!
These mini apple pie taco boats are so quick, so easy, and so delicious. The whole family will absolutely love this mini dessert!
More fruity dessert recipes:
This post has been sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!