These Mini Apple Pie Taco Boats are made in under 30 minutes, full of flavor, and SO CUTE! Toasted taco boats sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and topped with apple pie filling and pie crust. So cute, yummy, and fun!
Mini Apple Pie Taco BoatsCan you guys believe that it’s actually time for Fall baking??! It seems like just yesterday I was still working full time and dreaming about the day I could blog every day from 8-5 (instead of 6-midnight!). The past 6 months has flown by in the blink of an eye. All of a sudden Summer is nearly (if not) over and its time for everything pumpkin, changing leaves, and APPLES!! Apples and cinnamon…Autumn’s calling card. My favorite season! If you guys are getting my emails (sign up HERE if not!! I’d love to have you!), you know a couple months ago I started working with Old El Paso. This girl LOVES Mexican food, and I’m so honored to be one of their Freshest Bloggers this year! I’ve had so much fun finding new ways to use their amazing products; from Mexican Lasagna to Taco Stuffed French Bread. Today I decided to use their new Mini Taco Boats (OBSESSED!) for a dessert instead! Mini Apple Pie Taco Boats! SO easy, delicious, and fun. Everything I love about Old El Paso.
These Mini Apple Pie Taco Boats are made in less than 30 minutes…cool, right?
The Mini Taco Boats are the perfect size…about two bites. Feed me!!
I’ve got other exciting news for you! Old El Paso wants to give one lucky winner an entire year’s worth of Mini Taco Boats during their Whatever Floats Your Taco Boat Sweepstakes!!! 5 randomly selected winners will be sent a years worth of boats, and 100 randomly selected winners will be sent their own package of Mini Taco Boats to try! You are going to LOVE them. For your chance to win, post a photo to Twitter or Instagram showing Old El Paso your ideal taco nights at home! Tag @oldelpaso and use hashtag #TacoBoatSweepstakes. You can also post your photo directly to Old El Paso’s FB page. (Click HERE for more info and official rules) Easy, right? GOOD LUCK!
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 8 Old El Paso Mini Taco Boats
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust, cut into 1/2 inch strips (I used a pizza cutter)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Using a pastry brush, paint the outside of each Mini Taco Boat with the melted butter.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle the outside of each Taco Boat with cinnamon sugar and rub into place with your finger.
- Place the taco boats on a baking sheet.
- Fill each boat with 3-4 tablespoons of the apple pie filling; filling to the top.
- Make a lattice pattern on the top of each taco boat using the pie crust strips.
- Brush the pie crust tops with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pie crusts are baked and golden.
- Remove from the oven and top with Vanilla Ice Cream if desired! Serve hot. Enjoy!
This post has been sponsored by Old El Paso. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you SO much for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!