Boursin Prosciutto Phyllo Cups are the perfect appetizer when you don’t want to turn on the oven. They’re so pop-able! Creamy Boursin is mixed with salty prosciutto in these delicious and easy appetizer treats!
The Perfect Party Appetizers
I love easy recipes, I love appetizers, I love cheese. Let’s put those three great loves together to make one tiny, tasty appetizer– the perfect party food. Plus, these are so easy to make!
Why You’ll Love These Phyllo Cups
- A delicious filling– Creamy Boursin mixed with prosciutto and fresh green onions – it’s so good!
- Easy to make– Uses pre-made phyllo cups. Just 10 minutes from the pantry to the table.
- Party perfect– These look so fresh and inviting, a beautiful bite that doesn’t need a plate or a fork.
- Mini phyllo cups: Look in the freezer case for pre-made shells. They have the perfect texture and are so convenient.
- Cream cheese: I use garlic and herb Boursin cheese; it’s creamy and delicious.
- Prosciutto: An Italian dried and smoked ham.
- Green onion: For both garnish and flavor.
How to make Boursin Prosciutto Phyllo Cups
- Fry the prosciutto until crispy.
- Mix the cooked prosciutto with green onion and Boursin cheese.
- Scoop the mixture into phyllo cups.
- Garnish with more green onion.
- If preparing in advance, refrigerate until serving time.
What are Phyllo Cups?
These crispy pastry cups are made from tissue-paper-thin leaves of phyllo dough (also called filo dough) stacked atop one another to form a mini shell. Phyllo is a traditional Greek ingredient used to make classic recipes such as baklava and strudel.
Phyllo cups are light, buttery, flaky and incredibly crispy! They can be filled with all sorts of ingredients, from savory to sweet, to create fun appetizers or desserts!
What Makes These Special?
I love that you can whip these up in mere minutes and have a sophisticated app that the entire party will love. These would be perfect for tailgating, holiday parties, baby showers, the list goes on and on. Yum!
We had a little wine tasting party at our house last weekend (Pat calls it a BBQ…I call it a Wine Tasting Party…he has to keep his man card) and these little beauties were one of my favorite pairings! Cheese and wine are a match made in heaven. Creamy Boursin and Prosciutto Phyllo Cups for the win!
Where can I find Phyllo Cups in the Grocery Store?
Phyllo sheets are used in many dessert pastries such as baklava and spanakopita. The shells are the same dough, shaped into small little pie crust-like shapes. You can find both in the frozen food section of many grocery stores.
Other delicious appetizers
- White Queso Recipe (EASY Queso Dip)
- Best Cheese Ball Recipe
- St. Louis Style Toasted Ravioli (Deep Fried Ravioli Recipe)
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings Recipe
Have you tried these Phyllo Cups? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!