Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Bars. Everything delicious in one recipe! Layers of chocolate chip cookie with a creamy cherry cheesecake filling sandwiched in between. Such a tart and delicious sweet treat!
I don’t think there is much better than when a recipe has the best of both worlds. Some of my favorites to date have been Creamy Artichoke Bruschetta (Artichoke Dip on top of Bruschetta…win!), Salted Caramel Grilled S’more Pizza (I don’t think that one needs an explanation), and now Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Bars. Cookie Bars and delicious cheesecake packed into one rockstar dessert. MMM.
I have entered the world of baking slowly and cautiously. Just enough to get my feet wet. I have to be honest, I’m still intimidated. With every recipe I make, I realize its not as hard as I think it is. We can do this! These cheesecake cookie bars are easy, and they are SUPER delicious. They were the clear hit at a recent holiday appetizers party we had at our house. They’re just the right amount of cookie, and just the right amount of cheesecake. Oh and just the right amount of cherry. Chocolate and cherry are a match made in heaven.
TheCherry Cheesecake filling isn’t the only delicious surprise found in these cookie bars. I used the new Nestlé® Toll House® DelightFulls™ Filled Baking Morsels along with regular chocolate chips. I mean…wow. If you haven’t tried them, you are truly missing out. I spotted them back when I found my Nestlé Toll House Pumpkin Spice Baking Chips and bought a bag in every flavor! They have Peanut Butter, Caramel, Mint, and my beloved Cherry Filled Baking Morsels. They’re small like chocolate chips, but they are packed with so much flavor.
They gave this Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake Cookie Bars recipe the extra cherry kick it needed.
Be sure to check out these other great recipes using Delightfulls Filled Baking Morsels. I’d love to hear how you like them!
PS: Can you believe Christmas is ONE WEEK FROM TODAY?! What in the world?? Happy Holidays everyone. Enjoy!
20 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Nestle Tollhouse Cherry Filled Baking Morsels
- 12 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 eggwhite (or 1 egg)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Spray an 8x8 baking dish with nonstick spray or olive oil. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, mix together the butter and sugar until creamed. Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Continue mixing and add in eggs and vanilla. Mix until well combined. Stir in both sets of chocolate chips.
- Take half of the dough and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Using an electric mixer again, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg white, and cherry juice. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the first layer of cookies in the pan and spread evenly.
- For the remaining cookie dough, drop it in small pieces over the cheesecake mixture. The pieces should be touching, but its okay if the entire top isn't covered. The cookie will bake together.
- Cook for approximately 40 minutes. The top should be golden brown when finished cooking.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
The same NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® chocolate you know and love now filled with rich caramel, peanut butter, mint, and cherry flavored filling. Add these new filled baking morsels to your favorite recipes for a special twist on the classic, or try experimenting with them in a recipe you’ve never tried before!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. The opinions and text are all mine. As always, THANK YOU for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!