Baked Goat Cheese with Cherries is the perfect easy dip recipe for entertaining! The flavors of hot cherry pie mixed with cream cheese and goat cheese make a beautiful and delicious appetizer, all baked in a skillet.
Baked Goat Cheese Dip
Baked goat cheese, cream cheese, and sweet cherries are combined in this delectably hot dip recipe. Tastes just like cherry pie (but better, because there’s cheese!).
This is one of those recipes that was a very happy accident. I had another variation of this dip in my mind for a long time (that I still might make in the future), but laziness prevented me from going to the store for the ingredients. It was just one of those weeks.
I mean, some days the grocery store is my happy place and some weeks I avoid it like the plague. This was one of the plague weeks.
But when I crave goat cheese, I have to have goat cheese! Looking through my pantry, I saw canned cherries and thought…what about HOT CHERRY PIE GOAT CHEESE DIP?!
It was just that simple, and what a happy accident it was. Warm, baked goat cheese mixed with sweet dark cherries (and tons of other tasty ingredients)…yum!
This hot cherry cream cheese dip IS SO DELICIOUS! You have GOT to try it!
How to Make Cherry Goat Cheese Dip
I love preparing this baked goat cheese dish before dinner parties, because it’s so easy to make, but looks like a gourmet dip!
- Combine goat cheese, cream cheese, honey, and basil in a blender, then form the cheese mixture into a ball and place it in the middle of the skillet.
- Sprinkle pine nuts over the cheese ball and press them into the cheese.
- Spoon the cherries into the skillet, surrounding the cheese ball, then sprinkle the cherries with brown sugar.
- Bake dip for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Cherry Pie Dip Ingredients
- Goat Cheese – the slightly tart flavor mixes perfectly with the sweet flavors of this dip.
- Low Fat Cream Cheese – you don’t have to use low fat, but it always makes me feel a little better about cheese dips.
- Sweet Dark Cherries – truly the star of this dip, these cherries are incredible.
- Honey or Agave Nectar – this adds a nice swirl of sweetness into the cheese.
- Chopped Basil – I love the way basil combines with everything else to add a fragrant kick of flavor.
- Dark Brown Sugar – just a little more sweet to add into the mix!
- Pine Nuts – adds the perfect texture to this cherry pie dip!
What to serve with baked goat cheese dip
The best thing to serve with this baked goat cheese is toasted bread slices. It’s hearty enough to handle all the cheese and cherries.
Sweet and savory PERFECTION. I’m a big big fan of happy accidents. BIG FAN! You will be too once you try this. And feel free not to share it. We can make a club of people who eat this all by themselves. Cheers to happy accidents and lots and lots of goat cheese. There’s simply never enough.
See the recipe card for details on how to make baked goat cheese with cherries. Enjoy!
Be sure to try these other delicious hot dip recipes for your next party or appetizer: