Grilled Fajita Chicken Kebabs marinated in cilantro pesto make for a healthy and delicious dinner! Throw these babies on the grill and your in business for a delicious and healthy Summer dinner!Since I just recently learned how to cook (I’m still learning…I probably shouldn’t write that in the past tense!), I never realized I had such a love for grilling! Pat and I received a gorgeous gas grill as a gift for our wedding (thanks to some amazing friends), and it was been getting some amazing use this summer! Some of my favorite recipes I’ve ever posted on The Cookie Rookie have been from the grill. This recipe is one of those favorites. Healthy, flavorful, quick, and easy. And SO delicious.
As always, Scout was on hand to supervise the cooking process. She is the absolute best sous chef…except if left alone she would eat everything in sight. So she supervises the grill and I supervise her. The perfect team.
These are so packed with flavor, you won’t believe they’re so healthy! Its nice to feel good about eating delicious meals. I’m slowly but surely learning to cook healthier meals!I love basil pesto, but had never tried, or even tasted cilantro pesto. YUM! I love cilantro on my salsas and in Mexican recipes, so it was the perfect compliment to these Chicken Fajita Kebabs. All the flavor of Chicken Fajitas on one healthy stick. Perfection.
Chicken Fajita Kebabs with Cilantro Pesto
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1/4 lbs chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion cute into large pieces
- 3 peppers cut into large pieces (I used one green, one yellow, and one orange)
- 8 wooden skewers
- 16 wooden skewers
- In a food processor, pulse cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, garlic, and parmesan cheese until smooth. Add in the olive oil one teaspoon at a time until fully combined.
- Put the pesto into a large ziplock bag along with the chicken cubes. Seal and refrigerate for at least an hour to marinate.
- While marinating, soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes (or use metal skewers)
- Assemble the skewers by placing a cherry tomato on the stick, followed by chicken, onion, and pepper. Repeat to the end of the skewer.
- Spray your grill with nonstick spray
- Add the skewers to the grill and cook for 16-20 minutes, turning once around 7 or 8 minutes. Check frequently, depending on the thickness of the chicken and temperature of the grill, the chicken could cook much faster.
- Serve with lime, on their own, or with rice.