Chicken Mexican Pizza will take your mind off fast food! Juicy shredded chicken, melty cheese, taco seasoning, and enchilada sauce, all served up on a crispy tortilla base. Quick and easy to make and under 300 calories!
Homemade Chicken Mexican Pizzas
These Chicken Mexican Pizzas taste so much like what you’d get at your favorite Mexican place, but better because of the fresh ingredients.
This recipe is really fun to make, and it’s cheaper, tastier, and quicker than ordering takeout. What a great idea for a fast and delicious dinner!
Why you’ll love this Chicken Mexican Pizza Recipe:
- Tastier than fast food and cheaper too! Loaded with Mexican flavors.
- Lower calories. At less than 300 calories, that’s a lot less than most takeout meals!
- Fast to make. It’s only 20 mins from pantry to table.
Ingredients in These Mini Pizzas
- Shredded chicken – You can use rotisserie chicken to make it even easier.
- Tomatoes – Roma tomatoes work best; dice em up good!
- Shredded cheese – a Mexican blend works well, mixed with a bit of taco seasoning. Opt for gluten-free cheese if that’s a priority for you.
- Tortillas – Options abound: wheat, corn, low carb, or gluten-free.
- Taco seasoning – Use your favorite packaged seasoning.
How to Make Chicken Mexican Pizza
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Heat the tortillas in a skillet, flipping frequently so they don’t burn.
- Chop veggies, and toss the chicken in the seasonings.
- Warm the refried beans and spread over the tortillas.
- Top with chicken, sauce, veggies, and cheese. Bake and enjoy!
Can This Pizza Really Be Low Calorie?
This Mexican Pizza recipe clocks in at significantly less than 500 calories, which makes it perfect as a treat or cheat meal! It’s a homemade pizza that is packed with veggies and Mexican flavors.
If you’re hankering for takeaway, this will scratch that itch! You can dial down (or up!), the amount of cheese, and use lite tortillas if you’re feeling extra virtuous.
Can This Recipe Be Made Gluten Free?
You can easily adapt the recipe to use gluten-free cheese and tortillas. While the other ingredients are normally gluten free, check the labels to be sure they are fully gluten-free and were made in a gluten-free facility.
How Do You Get the Tortillas Crispy?
I crisped my tortillas in our Griddler…which I’m obsessed with. If you don’t have a griddle, you can make these in a frying pan with just a little bit of cooking spray.
You want them to get brown and crispy but you can keep them pretty healthy by using very little oil. Once the tortillas are nice and crispy, you make your pizzas!
An Easy Mexican Pizza Recipe
This recipe is a breeze to whip up, and most of the ingredients will likely already be in your kitchen. It only takes 20 minutes from start to finish, so it’s way quicker than ordering takeout!
Just start with one tortilla, layering on beans, chicken, and a bit of enchilada sauce. Cover with a second tortilla, top with enchilada sauce, tomatoes, and finally cheese.
Sprinkle on green onions if desired, cook for 10 minutes and you’re ready to eat!
- Go gluten-free with GF shredded cheese and tortillas.
- You can use rotisserie chicken, or pre-shredded chicken to make things even quicker.
- Adjust hot sauce to your liking.
- Mix in some taco seasoning to the cheese blend, for even more Mexican flavor.
I recommend checking out my newest Mexican Pizza recipe if you prefer to use beef (although you could substitute ground chicken as well)!
Check out these other delicious pizza recipes!
- Easiest Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza (Skillet)
- Veggie Pizza Recipe (Crescent Roll Pizza)
- S’mores Dessert Pizza Recipe
- Meat Lovers Pizza (Sheet Pan Breakfast Pizza)
Have you tried this Chicken Mexican Pizza recipe? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you inthe comments below!