Chicken Parmesan Sub Skewers are a fun, easy, and kid friendly recipe the entire family will love!I don’t know for sure, but I think this fun little recipe will be my last grilling recipe of the season. Never say never, but we have so much going on this month…then we go to JAMAICA (!!!), and then…FALL WILL BE HERE. This Summer has fllllown by. Grilling season is almost over. I want to end it with a winner! These Chicken Parmesan Sub Skewers are SO fun, delicious, kid-friendly (Dez loved them!), and easy! They’re awesome on the grill, but you can also bake them in the oven. Yum and yummer!
I don’t think these pictures really do the recipe justice. Let me break it down for you. Chunks of juicy Chicken Parmesan, on a skewer, wrapped with a zesty breadstick. Oh and sprinkled with cheese. Naturally. I got this idea while perusing Pinterest (where else). I saw the most adorable Meatball Subs on a Stick…and my mind immediately went to Chicken Parm. My favorite. The recipe worked like a charm, and was such a fun weeknight (EASY) treat. Dez and Micah came over for dinner, and Dez was not disappointed!! I’m gonna keep this recipe handy if/when we have kids. Kid friendly at its finest!
Aren’t they fun?! If you haven’t noticed by now, I love easy meals. It doesn’t get any easier than this, folks!
Chicken Parmesan Sub Skewers
- 1 tube pillsbury breadstick dough
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups of your favorite homemade or premade marinara sauce
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 wooden or metal skewers is using wooden, soak in water for 30 minutes before placing on grill or putting in the oven
- shredded mozzarella cheese for garnish
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag or bowl with the marinara sauce and coat completely
- Pour parmesan cheese into medium sized bowl. Take each piece of chicken and dredge in parmesan cheese, coating completely
- Assemble your skewers by threading one end of breadstick dough, then a piece of chicken, then wrapping with breadstick, followed by another piece of chicken, and repeating until you reach the end of your breadstick dough. For me it wrapped around 3 cubes of chicken.
- Grill for about 10 minutes on each side, or bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 (less depending on thickness of chicken)
- Take off of the heat and sprinkle with mozzarella