Get into the holiday spirit with these delicious coconut mojitos! Easy to make, these lime and coconut rum cocktails are perfectly refreshing and a great way to get the party started!
Table of Contents
Coconut Mojitos Recipe
Made with just a few ingredients, these make for a great festive signature white cocktail that’s simple to make. They are super refreshing with just the right amount of sweet.
Lime and coconut are a match made in heaven, add a little bit of rum and you have one delicious cocktail on your hands!
Why you’ll love this Coconut Mojitos Recipe:
- Perfectly festive! The coconut cream gives these cocktails a wonderful white color. Garnish them to really bring them to life!
- Easy to make non-alcoholic: To make this a mocktail, simply omit the rum.
- Simple ingredients: Made with only 6 ingredients, you can easily pick up everything for these drinks at your local store.
How to make coconut mojitos
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions!
- Muddle together the mint, lime and sugar.
- Add the rum and coconut cream.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a a glass.
- Top with club soda and garnish.
Can you make this cocktail without a shaker?
If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, don’t fret, you can still make this Christmas cocktail! You can muddle the mint and lime in a sealable mason jar and shake it in that, with the lid on of course!
Be sure to shake your drink for at least 30 seconds so that the liquids chill and the ingredients are really well combined.
Can you make it ahead of time?
I do not recommend making this drink in advance as the club soda will start to flatten when opened. Try to make the drink as close to your serving time as possible.
If you leave the cocktail sitting for too long, the ice will start to melt and dilute the drink.
How do you garnish it?
A traditional mojito is garnished with a lime slice and a sprig of mint. To make these coconut mojitos extra festive, I added some cranberries to finish the drink off. Pomegranate seeds would also be great to add a pop of color.
What’s the best rum to use?
Mojitos are made with white rum, it has a much milder flavor than dark rum and is ideal for mixing cocktails. I like to use Havana, but you can use your favorite brand.
Bacardi is a good affordable option.
- Coconut cream is the thick white substance that settles on the top of cans of coconut milk— open the can very gently and it will have the consistency and look of whipped cream.
- Coconut cream will help give the drink its white color. If you don’t have canned coconut milk, you can substitute coconut water.
- This recipe is also delicious when made with coconut rum.
More Holiday Cocktails
If you make this recipe be sure to upload a photo in the comment section below or leave a rating. Enjoy!