This Strawberry Tart recipe is our favorite simple summer sweet treat. This easy puff pastry tart is so simple to make, and it’s delicious on its own or topped with vanilla ice cream!
This strawberry tart recipe is SO simple. I used puff pastry as the base, topped it with fresh strawberries and mascarpone, and finished it all off with ice cream to serve. Yum!
I’ve been really working on my dessert game lately. I’m so honored to be contributing over at one of my very favorite baking blogs, My Baking Addiction, and it has me so inspired. Jamie is the absolute queen of easy and attainable desserts, and she makes me feel like I can do it too.
Last month I made these Mini Nutella Cheesecakes, and it helped me to remember that sometimes simple is best. I could eat those things every darn day!
This month I settled on the easiest Strawberry Tart, and I couldn’t be happier. It just looks and tastes like summer! Fresh fruit, a creamy and easy base, and puff pastry. It’s pretty much the only dessert I need in this world.
Make this super easy Puff Pastry Tart for a quick summer dessert that everyone will love. Rich, fruity, and creamy!
Puff Pastry Tart
This Puff Pastry Tart is the perfect sweet treat to bring with you to family BBQs, work potlucks, or any summer get together. Believe me, it will be the hit of the party! Way better than store bought but almost just as easy. But you might want to make two. One is gone REALLY quick…trust me!
You can’t claim that this Strawberry Tart recipe is made from scratch, but you can say that it’s homemade. And I feel pretty good about that! It’s certainly a massive step up from when I used to show up to every party with nothing but Buffalo Wild Wings…
Your friends and family will thank you for bringing this beautiful, EASY, and delicious dessert. You can keep the fact that it’s so easy to yourself! It’s our little secret.
How to Make a Strawberry Tart with Puff Pastry
Using frozen puff pastry as the base for this strawberry tart makes it super quick and super simple. As much as I love a truly made-from-scratch dessert, most of the time a shortcut is necessary (and tastes just as good!). I have a delicious Homemade Mascarpone Cheese recipe, so we can at least be proud of making that for ourselves. The pre-made pastry means you can make this in about 30 minutes!
Step by Step Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, roll out the puff pastry dough to a large rectangle.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and the water.
- Use a knife to scour a border, 3/4 of an inch inside from the edge of the puff pastry. Use a fork to pierce the inside of the tart several times.
- Brush the pastry with the egg wash along the border. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked. Set aside to cool.
- While the puff pastry is cooking, prepare the topping. In a large bowl, stir together the whipped cream, 1/2 cup white sugar, and mascarpone cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the strawberry slices, 1/4 cup white sugar, and strawberry jam.
- Once puff pastry is cooled, top with the cream and then the strawberries. Keep refrigerated until ready to slice and serve.
How do I thaw puff pastry?
Make sure you thaw the frozen puff pastry before beginning this strawberry tart recipe. I recommend letting it thaw in the refrigerator overnight, but in a hurry, let it thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
How long do I bake puff pastry?
Once you’re ready to bake the puff pastry, brush it with the egg wash, then bake it for 20 minutes at 400°F.
How do you store desserts with puff pastry?
This puff pastry tart should be stored in the refrigerator, and will keep for a few days, although it will have it’s best texture if eaten fresh the day of making it.
Eat this strawberry puff pastry tart on its own, straight out of the fridge, or heat it up and top it with vanilla ice cream. There’s no wrong way. Only tastiness awaits!
See the recipe card for details on how to make this EASY Strawberry Tart recipe. Enjoy!
Be sure to try these other easy dessert recipes: