Flourless Hot Chocolate Cookies are a rich, fudgy treat fancy enough to serve at a holiday party, but easy enough to whip up anytime chocolate cravings hit.
Gluten-free Chocolate Cookies
They’re crisp on the outside, fudgy and chewy on the inside. A perfect chocolate treat!
I saw these Volcano Cookies and thought all they needed were some tiny marshmallows to make them complete. I adapted the recipe to make them just like my favorite Winter drink, HOT CHOCOLATE, and a new favorite recipe was born!
Why you will love this recipe!
- Quick and easy: These cookies take about 10 minutes make before they get baked to perfection.
- Simple ingredients: You only need a few simple baking ingredinets to make these rich cookies. Most of which you’ll probably already have in your pantry.
- Delicious! I can not start to tell you how yummy these cookies are! They are super rich and perfectly chewy.
How to make flourless hot chocolate cookies
Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Beat in the egg whites.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows and chill.
- Place balls of dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with extra marshmallows.
Are they healthy?
These gluten-free chocolate cookies have no extra oil, or added sugar and only have a little bit of chocolate (and to me that’s totally part of a healthy diet) so I’d say these cookies are better for you health-wise than most. Everything in moderation, right? The flavor is so rich and divine; they really satisfy sweet cravings!
How long do they keep?
Once your cookies have fully cooled, transfer them to an airtight container to keep them fresh. They will keep well at room temperature for 2 to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to a week.
Can you freeze them?
Yes! You can make these cookies ahead of time and freeze them for up to three months. They make the perfect treat to give to neighbors, friends, or to have with a cup of coffee in front of the fireplace any old time.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Mix the ingredients together really well so that they have an even texture throughout.
- Because the hot chocolate cookies contain no flour, they do spread quite a lot, so allow them space on the baking sheet.
- Let them cool completely before storing.
Whether you are gluten-free or not, you are going to adore these flourless hot chocolate cookies. So simple to make, your only regret is that you didn’t make a double batch!
More Gluten-Free Treats
- Chocolate Gluten Free Spritz Cookies
- Carrot Cake Bars (Gluten Free)
- Best Ever Lemon Bars
- Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Roll
- Flourless Chocolate Orange Cookies
Happy baking to all the new bakers and experienced bakers this holiday season!