FREEZER FRIENDLY FRENCH ONION CHICKEN NUGGETS! These unique chicken nuggets (made with SunChips!) are baked in the oven, made crispy from a batter made of French Onion of SunChips® French Onion Flavored Whole Grain Snacks. . BEST EVER!
This recipe is a game changer. GAME CHANGER. Why have I never made homemade chicken nuggets before? I mean…mind blown. These French Onion Chicken Nuggets are a homemade version of a childhood favorite, baked to crispy perfection in just minutes. The secret ingredient (not so secret…it’s FRENCH ONION SUNCHIPS® French Onion Flavored Whole Grain Snacks!) makes the outside extra tasty while keeping them from being too heavily breaded. Don’t be fooled, adults can love chicken nuggets too! This is the kind of meal I could serve to Desdi and Ezra, but I have to make an entire extra batch just for Pat. SO GOOD!
Like I said above, it’s SunChips® Whole Grain Snacks that make these nuggets special. You could use any flavor, but I used the French Onion Flavor! These have always been a favorite, and they make the perfect crunchy topping to these Freezer Friendly French Onion Chicken Nuggets. If these can’t put a smile on your face, I don’t know what can! And speaking of smiles on faces, the SunChips® Brand has launched a super fun campaign over at LAUGHWITHSUNCHIPS.COM. Not only can you find out your own personal “laugh-print”, but SunChips® is also donating $1 for every laugh profile shared to Step Up, (learn more here) which empowers the next generation of professional women. AWESOME! I completed the LAUGHALIZER and found out that my laugh personality is CHARMING!!! Oh, well thank you SunChips®!! Be sure to click HERE to find out your laugh personality (and BONUS, SunChips® will donate $1 to Step Up ). These nuggets are just one way to use SunChips® Whole Grain Snacks in recipes. You could use them in casseroles, on sandwiches, and everything in between.
Okay I got side tracked with all that talk about laughing. BACK TO THE FRENCH ONION CHICKEN NUGGETS!! Did I mention these bad boys are freezer friendly? If you have any leftover after dinner (doubtful), just pop them in a freezer bag and freeze up to one month. You can easily warm them up in a microwave or in the oven when you’re ready to eat again. Like I said, game changer! SunChips® Whole Grain Snacks for the win!
Serves 36 nuggets; 6 nuggets each, 6 servings
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
5 based on 1 review(s)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (makes approximately 36 chicken nuggets)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 bag SunChips French Onion Chips, crushed into tiny pieces
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place crushed SunChips in a shallow bowl and set aside (they may all not fit in one bowl, you may need to work in batches)
- Whisk together egg and milk in a separate shallow bowl, set aside.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Dip each cube of chicken into the egg mixture and then immediately into the chips. Use your fingers to press the chicken into the chips, coating completely on all sides. Set on the baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken, leaving space between each nugget on the baking sheet.
- Lightly spray the nuggets with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
- **Note: Nuggets can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to one month. Heat in the microwave or oven when ready to serve.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Frito-Lay. The opinions and text are all mine.