Ginger pulled pork is a delicious slow cooker recipe for tailgating or an easy weeknight dinner! Wow the family with Slow Cooker Garlic Ginger Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
Are you guys ready for SUMMER!?? I cannot believe it’s here. It hailed here yesterday (baseball sized!), so I’m still in denial, but the longer days, hotter temps, and my increasingly noticeable paleness leaves me knowing Summer is upon us. It’s time for backyard bbqs, sunburns, and lots of amazing food! Nothing is better than a great easy Summer recipe, perfect for enjoying with friends and family.
This DRUNKEN GARLIC GINGER PULLED PORK is just the thing! Made in a slow cooker, its all flavor and zero stress. My kind of recipe!
Summer entertaining should be SIMPLE. It shouldn’t require slaving away in the kitchen, including easy clean up so that you can maximize your time with the ones you love. These Garlic Ginger Pulled Pork Sandwiches check ALL of the boxes. I topped mine with crunchy slaw, carrot chips, and kimchi for the ultimate sandwich, but you can layer things however you like! The Garlic Ginger Pulled Pork is DIVINE and is also on nachos, in a taco shell, or even by itself. You cannot go wrong, folks!
The secret to all the juicy flavor in the pork is Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer. YOU GUYS…I am OBSESSED with this stuff. Crabbie’s originated in Leith, Edinburgh, and Scotland, and has made it’s way to the states and I couldn’t be more excited. Obviously, I love to drink it. It’s the perfect combination of crisp and refreshing; made from a secret recipe of four special ingredients! I love that it’s not too sweet; making it the absolute best mixer for cocktails OR cooking! It adds a fizzy ginger flavor to this pork that just can’t be replicated and I hope you give it a try! You can find more recipe ideas and of course where to buy near you HERE.
I hope this easy and fun recipe for Garlic Ginger Pulled Pork Sandwiches gets you one step closer to being ready for Summer!
Be sure to follow along with Crabbie’s Alcoholic Ginger Beer on social media with #CrabbiesTime. Enjoy!
5 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 5 Total Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 2.5 lb. pork butt/shoulder roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 3/4 cup Crabbie's Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- cabbage slaw, carrot chips, and kimchi (I got mine in the produce section of the grocery store) for garnish (optional)
- Rub pork with garlic, sea salt, and soy sauce.
- Place pork in a small slow cooker.
- Pour in the bbq sauce and ginger beer.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Once tender and cooked through, remove from the slow cooker and place on a plate. Use two forks to shred the pork. Return to the slow cooker and stir completely to cover in all the juices.
- Keep on warm until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, place pork on buns topped with cabbage slaw, carrots, and kimchi if desired. Pork is also delicious as a topper on nachos, in tacos, or by itself!
This recipe was written in a partnership with Crabbie’s Ginger Beer. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help support The Cookie Rookie!