Loaded Sweet Potato Skins! The perfect fun and delicious side dish for Thanksgiving.
Is it seriously October? Is Thanksgiving really next month?? Are the Kansas City Royals really (WINNING) in the playoffs?? This year has FLOWN by. It’s only a matter of time before Christmas tunes are taking over every radio station and Dill is hiding inside our Christmas tree (his happy place). The holidays are a food bloggers superbowl. The best time of the year for the foodies!! I feel like this site is seriously lacking in good side dish recipes, so I’ve been cooking up some fun options for Thanksgiving. A couple weeks ago I posted Pear and Blue Cheese Brussels Sprouts (DON’T BE SCARED!!), and these Loaded Sweet Potato Skins would be the perfect addition to any Thanksgiving table! Two down, lots to go.
These remind me of Loaded Sweet Potato Skins at steak places.
Those are always my favorite. The cinnamon sugar butter…I’m a fan. These are stuffed full of mini marshmallows, cinnamon sugar pecans, and honey cream cheese. Heaven.
Aren’t those toasted tiny little marshmallows so cute? I’m obsessed. I knew I had to use them somewhere fun this fall. These are just the perfect thing.
There are so many recipes I want to try before Thanksgiving. What are your family’s favorites? I would love to hear about them! It will be here before we know it. MMMM.
Loaded Sweet Potato Skins, the perfect Thanksgiving side dish!
20 minPrep Time
1 hr, 55 Cook Time
2 hr, 15 Total Time
- 5 large sweet potatoes
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Honey Pecan Cream Cheese (If you don't have access to this, you could blend 2 tablespoons honey with 8 ounces cream cheese)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar pecans (or regular pecans), finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 60 minutes at 350F or until cooked through and soft.
- Take out of oven and cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out the center of the sweet potato, leaving a thin layer inside the peel. Place the sweet potato filling that you scoop out into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Drizzle or spray the skins with olive oil and cook for about 5-7 minutes until slightly crispy. While skins are cooking longer, mix the cream cheese with the sweet potato filling you scooped out. Blend well.
- Take skins out of the oven and fill each with a scoop of the sweet potato/cream cheese mixture. Top with pecans and marshmallows.
- Bake another 10 minutes until cooked through. I then broiled them on high for about 5 minutes until the marshmallows were toasted.