Summer was made for these Peach Caprese Stacks. I’m holding onto Summer as long as possible with these healthy Peach Caprese Stacks with Honey Bourbon Balsamic Reduction! Salad just got a makeover!
So, confession time. I’m writing this post on September 9th…not September 21st. I’m gearing up for TONS of travel over the next two months, and needed to get posts scheduled so that I can maintain an ounce of sanity! Next week I leave on my first of SIX trips that are happening before the end of October. We are taking The Cookie Rookie on the road! Ohio, NYC, Breckenridge, KC, Atlanta, and Iowa…all before Halloween. I’m SO excited…and also so nervous! Can’t wait to meet so many new people and experience new things (like milking a cow!!…be sure to follow along on Insta!) (Be sure to check out our other favorite Easy Caprese Recipe!)So to calm my nerves, and make my stomach happy, I’m kicking off the fun with these Peach Caprese Stacks with Honey Bourbon Balsamic Reduction. Healthy, beautiful, quick, and OH SO DELISH. What more could you ask for!?
I’ve been wanting to make something like this ever since I saw Jessica’s gorgeous Peach Caprese Salad last year. Isn’t that DIVINE?? I know it’s after Labor Day…but if you must know I’m snacking on these stacks while wearing white jeans and I don’t feel bad AT.ALL. Rock that Summer as long as you possibly can. Seriously.
These Peach Caprese Stacks with Honey Bourbon Balsamic Reduction will definitely be on the menu!
- 2 peaches pitted and sliced (I sliced into tomato like slices, but any style will work:)
- 6 slices whole milk mozzarella
- 6 large leaves fresh basil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup bourbon or honey bourbon such as Wild Turkey American Honey
- 2 tablespoons honey if not using the honey bourbon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small sauce pan, bring the balsamic, sugar, and bourbon to a boil (plus honey if not using the honey bourbon). Reduce to a simmer and allow to simmer until reduced by half. It will become a syrupy consistency. Simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- While balsamic is reducing, heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add peaches and cook on each side until extra tender and juicy; about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- To assemble your stacks, start with a peach slice, then mozzarella, the basil. Repeat three times.
- Top with the Honey Bourbon Balsamic Reduction.