Easy and delicious, this Peppermint Hot Chocolate Martini recipe serves up a delicious cocktail, perfect for fall or winter!
Who says you can’t have the cozy flavors of hot chocolate and enjoy a nice martini? Possibly nobody, but nevertheless, this Peppermint Hot Chocolate Martini recipe is the perfect festive cocktail, it screams Christmas.
And I photographed it with a “fa la la” napkin…but…still. It’s cold outside, and that means its okay to enjoy peppermint. So, let’s enjoy it! Glad we got that cleared up!
Why this Chocolate Martini recipe is so good
- A super festive cocktail. This mint chocolate cocktail is Christmas in a glass!
- Easy to make. Using store bought hot chocolate mix, this is a quick and simple cocktail, perfect for parties.
- Delicious! Peppermint chocolate, mixed with rumchata and vodka, it’s zesty, warming and chocolatey – so good!
- Almond Milk: Or you can use skim milk.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate: Use your favorite brand. I love Fannie May You can also use regular hot chocolate with peppermint extract.
- RumChata: You could go for Bailey’s in a pinch.
- Vodka: Go for a good quality vodka, for a smoother taste
How to make this Hot Chocolate Martini recipe
Heat milk, chocolate and rumchata and stir until well mixed. Then allow to cool and in a cocktail shaker add your chocolate mix to vodka and shake with ice.
Serve and Enjoy!
An Easy Festive Cocktail
There is nothing better than a fun (and easy) cocktail. They’re my favorite thing to make on the blog. This one is especially easy. It’s made with…wait for it…HOT CHOCOLATE. I know, groundbreaking. Shocking. All that jazz. I bet you never guessed. It takes just 5 mins with only 4 ingredients.
So it goes like this. You make some peppermint hot chocolate. Then you add some vodka. Add some rumchata. Then you serve it to your friends. Love.
Garnishes for this Hot Chocolate Martini recipe
The sky is the limit on how to finish these tasty chocolate drinks. I’ve gone for a festive look but you can certainly play around ad get creative
- Mini candy canes
- Rim the glass with colored sugar or cocoa rugar
- Float a few chocolate curls on top
- Add a chocolate swirl to the glass
Really, there is no wrong choice here. They all result in getting to sip on a decadent chocolate martini…how can you go wrong?
How to rim a glass
Rimming a glass in sugar or cocoa is an easy way to add a special touch to any dessert cocktail.
Follow these easy steps:
- Place your colored sugar/rimming ingredient on a small plate (wider than the glass).
- Fill a small bowl with some water and dip your glass in it. Shale off the excess water.
- Gently press your glass into the sugar and twist.
- Choose a good quality vodka – for a smoother sip.
- If you can’t get hold of Rumchata, you can use Bailey’s
- Shake the mix in a cocktail shaker with ice, once the shaker feels cold, the drink is ready to pour.
- Garnish with candy canes and colored sugar.
Other delicious cocktails
- Caramel Apple Hot Toddy Cocktail
- Spiced Pear Cider with Ginger
- Pumpkin Spice White Russian Cocktail
- Apple Butter Old Fashioned Cocktail
Have you tried this Peppermint Hot Chocolate Martini recipe? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!