I’m a big believer in ice cream year-round. Peppermint Ice Cream Brownie Bars are the perfect winter treat! They’re easy to make and packed with mint-chocolate flavor.
An Easy Dessert
These minty brownie bars just SCREAM Christmas. White chocolate, peppermint bark, indulgence. All the good things. I can’t get enough!
Am I the only one that gets overwhelmed when thinking about holiday baking?! I know that food bloggers are supposed to relish making food for parties…but it still intimidates me. All the baking– who has the time? Christmas is still over a month away, and I’m already tired. Give me the easy recipes. I want easy recipes that will still be the hit of the party. These Peppermint Ice Cream Brownie Bars are just the thing!
Why You’ll Love These Brownie Bars
- An easy dessert. Using store-bought items like ice cream and brownie mix, this is a cinch to whip up!
- The perfect party dessert. This recipe makes a big batch– enough to serve a dozen people!
- Brownies and ice cream – together at last! This mixes two classic desserts into one delicious dish.
- Brownie Mix: Choose your favorite brand.
- Chocolate: White chocolate chips and good quality white chocolate baking chocolate.
- Heavy cream
- Ice cream: Peppermint flavor
- Peppermint Bark: Coarsely chopped. I used Fannie May, but you could also you Andes mint peppermint crunch baking chips.
- Whipped Topping
How to Make Peppermint Ice Cream Brownie Bars
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Cool to room temperature.
- Heat the heavy cream and stir in the baking chips until fully melted.
- Spread the chocolate sauce over the brownies. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Top with ice cream and then whipped topping and peppermint bark.
- Freeze at least 4 hours before cutting into bars.
Trademark note: In the spirit of transparency, please note that some of these ingredients are trademarked products. Fannie May, Andes, Cool Whip and Oreos are proprietary brands that I want to acknowledge and give credit to.
How Will This Recipe Keep Me Sane During the Holidays?
I know I should be ashamed that this DELICIOUS dessert is made with store-bought ice cream and store-bought brownie mix. Oh– and store-bought whipped topping. But honestly…I’m not. It’s great when you can make things from scratch, but it’s not always feasible. It’s great to have a couple of winning recipes up your sleeve that you can make quickly. And I think you’re going to like this one!
Keep this recipe close for when you’re in a pinch and need something delicious. You can make something from scratch next time!
What is Peppermint Bark?
Peppermint bark is a candy made from layers of dark chocolate, white chocolate, and crushed peppermint candies. It is especially popular around the Christmas season. Think of peanut brittle–how it’s broken into chunks–and Peppermint Bark is handled similarly, using chocolate and peppermint instead of peanuts and caramel.
What Variations Would You Suggest?
These brownie bars have loads of variations. Peppermint is great for the festive season, but there are so many flavor possibilities:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Vanilla: Sometimes simple is best!
- Rocky Road: This could be great with chopped peanuts on top of the Cool Whip.
- Cookies and Cream: With chopped Oreo cookies as a garnish– so good!
- Butter Pecan: Top the brownie with caramel instead of frosting and sprinkle the Cool Whip with chopped candied pecans.
Other Delicious Chocolate Desserts
- Velvet Chocolate Cake Recipe with Chocolate Ganache Icing (Chocolate Bundt Cake)
- Best Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- Gooey Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake Skillet (Easy Chocolate Cake)
- Chocolate Pot de Creme Recipe
Have you tried these Ice Cream Brownie Bars? Feel free to leave a star rating and I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!